𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 4- 𝐇𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

The Body

After visiting the Byers' house and informing them of the devestating news, the Hopper's finally made it home

Jacob walked in, his face dead of emotion, a lone tear falling down his rosy cheeks. Kath followed behind him, her eyes sad and distant. Finally, Jim trudged through the door, a deep long sigh escaping from his chest.

Jacob went straight to his room, his sobs drowning the cabin. Hopper and Kath sat at the dining table in silence.

Grief affects people differently. The bittersweet memories of your lost loved one are a saviour and a murderer. The memories take you to a place of comfort and home. Then they can take you to a place of hell, a place where you just want to escape, a place that makes your heart try and tear out of your chest. Grief is unique and a total bitch.

"He's too young and innocent to feel like this." Kath sighed.

"You felt like this when you were a lot younger," Hopper countered "I'm not saying you had it worse than Jake, I'm just saying... the universe is a bitch."

"Amen."

Silence washed over them again. The lack of Jacob's cries made the two older Hopper's assume he had fallen asleep.

"He's not gonna wanna go to school tomorrow, you can stay with him if you want." Hopper offered.

"Yeah, might as well, my school life seems to be shit right now."

"I'd say language but I'll let it slide. Talk to me, Kathy."

Kath sighed deeply in uncertainty, then, she let it all out.

"Me and Nance aren't on the best of terms because she got drunk and said awful things to me but now she can't remember it but aren't drunk words sober thoughts? And my friend Barb has fallen off the face of the earth, I haven't seen her at all today and she hasn't answered my calls, and I've just realised I actually have no other friends apart from Nance, Barb and Robin, so that means I have to have dinner alone if Robin has band practice, which is nearly everyday due to no fault of her own, and so I'm just a loser who will never fit in with Hawkins because I'm the weird girl who just turned up one day with the Chief of Police as her new dad so all in all that obviously just makes me a total freak!" Wow, she just pulled a Robin-Rant on her dad.

Kath tried taking deep breaths to calm herself down and push back the gradual building of her tears.

"Come here." Hopper pushed back the chair next to him and gestured for his daughter to come and sit next to him. As her father's arms wrapped around her, she finally broke down.