𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 3- 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

The Pollywog

"Rise and shine

"Rise and shine." (eat your heart out kylie jenner)

Kath and Jacob were sat at the table waiting for El to wake up for breakfast. Kath's head surprisingly didn't hurt that much but still knew she'd have a rough day at school. Jacob's stomach was churning from all the candy he ate last night. Hopper was stood at the girls' bedroom door, trying to convince El to wake up.

"So that's it, huh? You're still not talking?"

Silence.

"All right. I guess I'm just gonna have to, uh... enjoy this triple-decker Eggo extravaganza with Kath and Jake."

This made El get up in seconds and soon the family was gathered around the table.

"Mmm! Mmm! Good, right?" Hopper exaggerated dramatically. Jacob and Kath gave each other a confused look. What happened to mornings are for coffee and contemplation?

"Know the great thing about it? It's only 8,000 calories." Jacob huffed a laugh. El only gave her new father a deadpan, slightly confused look.

Hopper looked at the TV cable that lead to El and Kath's room.

"You visited him again last night?" Kath wasn't looking forward to the conversation that was about to take place.

"He says he needs me."

"Want me to go check on him?"

El shook her head and said, "Jacob already checks on him."

Hopper sighed and glanced at Jake who was now facing down.

"I know that you miss him, all right? But it's too dangerous. You're the last thing he needs right now." Kath gave her father a confused look. Harsh.

"You're gonna see him. Soon. And not just in that head of yours. You're gonna see him in real life. I feel like I'm making progress with these people." Kath sighed quietly. Jacob remained staring at the table.

"Friends don't lie." El muttered.

"What?"

"You say "soon" on day 21. You say "soon" on day 205. You now say "soon" on day 326?" El questioned her father.

"What is this? You're counting the days now
like you're some kind of prisoner?"

"Dad.." Kath tried to warn. Before Hopper could respond, El cut in.