CHAPTER ONE: THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

P-SEC HQ
FIVE WEEKS AGO

3rd p.o.v

"Hey, you want to catch a vid tonight? Union Plaza got a new download." As Neumann was leaning on the open doorway to where his human friend was at. "Bram I already told you I've got a ton of paperwork to... holy shit, what is that?" As she was looking at the monitors she saw something that made her surprised.

She then spoke into the comms alerting everybody to watch the monitors."Its Jen Barrow's dig team, I'll feed it through." She said."Hey, Commander! Everyone! Heads up!" As Neumann told everyone near him to look where the monitor is at. "The hell is that?" A middle-aged man said next to Neumann. "Why just hold on, Commander, while I consult my book of weird shit." Neumann said smugly to the commander, as he on the other hand was not impressed by his joke. "Everyone's a comedian." He said boredly to Neumann.

One human girl overheard it and decided to chime in on it, "That's nothing to laugh about. Are we patched through? Barrow this is Cortez in P-SEC. Is that...can that possibly be what I think it is?" Cortez said through the comms to Barrow's team. While in the monitors above them, there was Barrow's dig team looking at a large twisted ominous rock with red glowing markings on them. One mobian girl responded to P-SEC, "I don't know Detective...Depends on how fucked-up your thoughts are I guess." She said through the comms.

MEANWHILE AT LOUNGE AREA 3: CAFETERIA

Many people and mobian's of different species and races were talking and eating peacefully while a certain group at the table were talking, one mobian girl who was a cat was picking and playing with her food while being upset about something."This is bullshit. They shut down excavation prep because of some piece of rock?" She said complaining to a mobian albatross and another a human man. The man said back to her about what it really was, "it ain't a "piece of rock" It's a marker." He said with a southern accent.

The Albatross spoke as well with a bit of food in his mouth almost muffling his voice. "Who to say it's even alien?" He asked to the man. "That's the point, it's not. The markers a part of human and mobian evolution." "...to what? The secret of eternal life?" The Albatross asked again. "A new life, beyond death." As the mobian cat was listening to all of this she was not too impress by what she heard. "Beyond bullshit." She said to the man while taking a bite of her sandwich, but she didn't get a comeback rather a smack from the man hands flinging her sandwich away from her, pissing her off in the process.

"Damnit, shut up!" "Hey"  He yelled at her while the Albatross was trying to defend her, this in the process got Neumann and his partner's attention while they were in there monitoring the people in the cafeteria. "P-SEC! What the hell's going on here?" Neumann said storming in so a fight doesn't escalate between them. Meanwhile the mobian cat tried to put up a fight between the man but the Albatross was holding him back by the shoulders."Come on maker-head! Take your best shot!" She said threatening the man but Cortez spoke up about it. "Nobody's taking shots at anybody."  Cortez said while blocking the Albatross and the man with her hand raised up.

The man spoke up looking offend and pissed at the cat,"Bitch mocked my faith" saying that to Cortez, while at it Neumann looked at the side realizing he's facing off a unitologist which he's not too happy about, "Ah, Jesus. Unitologist, right?" "And proud of it." Both Neumann and the man said.

Neumann contacted P-SEC for the commotion,"we got room in the brig for these two?" The mobian cat overheard and looked offend and defended herself that she didn't cause it "What? Wait a second!"  She said defensively"Never mind, I'll check. Marla?" Neumann contacted Marla for assistance but got radio static and audio being fumbled. *Sssssssss* "you, Bram?" *Sssssss* "Breaking up..." Neumann wasn't too happy about it and has to deal with it now with Cortez."Oh, great. Guess it's your lucky day, folks. So sit down, eat your lunch and grow a brain cell between you two. We'll be sitting over there." As Neumann was pointing to his right where a empty table was at so he and Cortez can watch them and the other people and mobian's in the cafeteria.