Chapter 12

Dark P.O.V

Just like me to him when he was starving himself, he wouldn't leave my side. He was making sure I wouldn't pick up any - and I mean any - knife. I couldn't even eat dinner with a knife.

We spent the night cuddling and watching Summerland. We also had a little cry session. He would kiss my forehead and tell me that everything was gonna be ok.

Link P.O.V

He had fallen asleep in my arms, tears dried to both of our faces.

"I won't do it again. For you. You're what's keeping me alive. Please don't leave me."

I promised him I would always be by his side. I ran my fingers through his hair, thinking about his words. He sounded so desperate. He sounded like he really needed me.

He rolled around and groaned. "Link?" He mumbled.

"Yea?"

"I love you."

"I love you too, Dark. Please never forget that."

He was already back asleep when I looked back. He woke up just to tell me that he loves me. I'm one special man.

Once he woke up, we immediately went to get dressed. We had to get food.

I got dressed in a black t-shirt and he changed into one too, but with long gloves to hide the bandages. We went to see Malon, and I started feeling a little woozy.

When we left, Dark caught on and asked what was wrong. I told him nothing was wrong, but he convinced me to stay home and rest. He came and joined me soon after. I told him not to because he might get sick, but he did not care.

The next day we went to see a doctor, for he had started feeling sick as well, to which I said "I told you so".

The doctors told us we had CoronaVirus and we had to stay isolated for two weeks.

After a couple days, I started coughing so hard that my throat was bleeding and I was coughing up blood. Dark was always there to rub my back and give me medicine. He had been asleep most of the time though.

My cough just got worse and worse. I was at a point where I could barely breathe and Dark had to rush me to the ER. I was hospitalized for a couple days, and they didn't let Dark visit me. After maybe 3-4 days, I returned home. I was feeling a lot better and so was he. We were both still symptomatic, but it was getting better.

Whenever I started coughing, he would tell me to raise my hands so I could breathe and he would rub my back. Apparently if you raise your arms, your respiratory system becomes more open so it's easier to breathe.

We recovered after another week, and we decided to start getting groceries delivered so we didn't have to go outside. It wasn't the most reliable thing, but it was easier and safer.

We started kissing again when we were better and had both gotten negative tests back. We had decided when we were sick that it would help us recover faster if we spent less time together. It was lonely, and I couldn't watch what Dark was doing. I worried me, but he never did anything new. He kept his promise.

Nonetheless, we found ways to talk to each other and spend time with each other. It was better to be able to be held again, though.

***

Pride Month started today. The parade was cancelled this year, so we celebrated it different this year. We made a rainbow cake (horribly) and made decorations. We spent extra time together somehow. Honestly, best Pride Month yet.

On June 2nd at about 11:50 PM, we started talking about how long we had been together. We had been together for a couple months, now. I asked him out in March. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, but I didn't know if he was ready for marriage yet, so the thought only crossed my mind once.

For Pride, we got each other gifts. We got each other build a bear and squishmallow frogs (by total coincidence) and we made them date. He got me the Spring green frog and the floral Wendy squishmallow and I got him the blue swirls frog and Ludwig. We even got Wildflower and Wilbur some gifts for their homes. (Yes they are still alive somehow after all this.) It was the best Pride month ever so far.

Short chapter but I had to post today. I just got Ludwig the squishmallow and I love him SO MUCH. Actually hugging him while I'm writing this.

Happy pride month, everyone! For pride, the next few chapters will be SUPER CUTE! Some important (not angsty but important) stuff is gonna happen.

Alright, stay safe lovelies!

© copyright Nintendo and me