Chapter 1: a bad day turns good

Chapter 1:

I FELT my cat walk around on my stomach, and I squinted my eyes open, seeing him peering at me with his head tilted to the side. I stifled a laugh and grabbed my glasses off of my bedside table. I could see the sun creeping through my blinds and feel the fresh morning air through my open window. Thank god it was a nice day finally. Toronto had been in this weird limbo between winter and spring for way too long. I yawned and sat up petting Leo between the ears. Oh crap I forgot I had double duty today. I shot up right out of bed, ignoring the loud screech in the background. I had more important things to worry about. Plus Leo was a drama queen anyways.

So I needed to work 2 jobs in order to stay afloat as an aspiring artist. I changed into my fav outfit, black skinny jeans and a black crop top with a leather jacket. Nothing too fancy. I detested anything with ruffles and pink, I was definitely not one of those girls. I quickly hurried to my bathroom and got ready. I took my long chocolate locks out of the messy bun I had put it in last night and brushed it out. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror for a moment, my dark green emerald eyes stared back at me. Everyone always told me they were stunning, but I didn't see what was so special about them. I quickly looked away and grabbed my makeup bag to do some light makeup.

 I grabbed a brush and put some concealer on and then proceeded to do a little bit of eyeshadow and mascara (a/n look up 2000s makeup). I hurried to my kitchen and grabbed a leftover avocado toast I had in my fridge. As I made my way to my car, I noticed a text from my mom.

Mom <3

_______________________________________

Hey honey, just wanted you to know we're having dinner

with some old friends! Maybe you'll meet someone cute?

(8:16 am)

read

I rolled my eyes at that second sentence. As if! There was absolutely no one in our sleepy neighbourhood who could be "the one" for me. I was going to wait until I could finally find someone who understood me.