Chapter 5: First Change of Fate

Welcome back to the not so long awaited vote results by all the lovely creatures who were kind enough to satisfy my desires and give their vote.

And now... the winner is... A- Refuse Jack's offer, winning 4-2!

Wait are you serious... here I was thinking so far ahead in the story, already mentally writing the next 10 or so chapters, for you guys to choose the boring option?! You know what? It's fine, I don't mind. In fact, I'm quite happy with the outcome. Let me just go sharpen my knifes and I'll be right back. 

All jokes aside, sorry to the ones (*cough* 2 people *cough*) who wanted to accept the offer. But don't worry, there will be more fate changing votes in future chapters.

Have a good read.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3RD POV

(Y/N): I refuse.

There was a brief silence for a second before Jack finally replied.

Jack: I see... Well then I guess I'll just have to kill you as well. Real shame too, such waisted potential.

(Y/N): Yeah well you see, the Vault Hunters aside, I have more reasons to stand against you than with you.

Jack: That's cute. You wont be saying that when I'm ripping your friend's hearts out. 

The communicator then turned off, and (Y/N) was left to wonder if he made the right choice. What kind of question is that. Of course he made the right choice. They may not know each other for long, but he couldn't bear to betray the girls. They're a team. He got their back, they got his... right?

(Y/N): (What am I even having doubts about? I'm here to help them stop Jack!)

He shook his thoughts away and went to Marcus Munitions to get his ship of TK.

Maya POV

As soon as (Y/N) left I saw a look of pain mixed with anger on his face. No doubt Gaige's mocking affected him. I got outside and went to find Gaige. Fortunately I didn't take long, as I found her resting against a wall.

Maya: Gaige!

When I shouted her name she jumped a bit. Must've been thinking something to be so cought off guard, even for her.

Gaige: Maya! What was the yelling for!

Maya: Really? You really don't know?

Gaige: Well duh. Of course I don't. You just came out and started shouting!

Maya: I'll give you a clue... WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!?

Gaige: Stop yelling! And what do you mean!

Maya: Why did you make fun of (Y/N) for telling his story?

Gaige: Ohh, that. He was being a total baby about it!

Maya: Gaige... Is there something your not telling me?

Even with her offensive tone and mocking of (Y/N), I could still tell there was something else besides the answer she gave me.

Gaige: *sigh* Look, don't tell him I said this, but I actually found his story kinda sweet.

Maya: Then why did you...?

Gaige: Laugh at him? I don't know. I was just trying to lighten the mood, but ended up fucking up.

Maya: You have to tell him.

Gaige: No way! Besides, he didn't seem too affected by it.

Maya: You can't judge people like I can. As soon as he left I saw his expression. He looked like he was about to cry.

She was taken aback by this information. The guy who smiled at the face of danger, even if maniacally, was about to cry. Even I wouldn't believe it If someone else told me that.

Gaige: Pfff, your just pulling my leg.

I kept a stern expression so she would understand I was serious.

Gaige: *sigh* fine. I'll talk to him later and apologise.

I smile and nod in approval. She may not like to admit it, but I know she already likes having (Y/N) with us. They actually make me think they could be long lost siblings with the way they act together and their personality.

Maya: Good. Now let's get to the town mechanic the guard told us about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter is way shorter from the rest, and I'm sorry. I had a field trip today (that I was forced to go, otherwise I would fail my class) and returned home later that I'd like. I'm really tired but still decided to keep my word and update today, even if it's a bit short. Still my brain isn't functioning well with the exhaustion, so before I write something I'll regret later, I decided to keep the chapter short.

I'll try to update a bigger chapter during the weekend to compensate for this. Key word TRY.

See you then.