Not a Chapter

Howdy, Jester here.

So I know It's been some time since the last update, and sad news is, there won't be any. At least in this book.

You see, this past week I've been writing the 7th and 8th chapters. And to check if everything was in order I re-read the story from start to finish, and I realized something horrible. The reader character's personality is all over the place. First he's bored of the bandits being too weak, then he's too lazy to fight a Siren, then he's emotional when telling he's story with Claptrap AND THEN I expect him to be a battle junkie? It's just a mess of a character.

So I decided to rewrite the story in another book. It's a lot easier than going back and correcting everything. This time I'll consider more what the reader is like before doing anything else.

Yeah, I know. Six chapters in and already need a rewrite. But hey, better realise it sooner and deal with it faster than noticing too late and regretting it.

This was a good experience for my first ever work. Now I know what I want to make of the story a bit more, and that was my objective. After all It IS my first story, so it's expected to be a mess.

I'll probably publish it this weekend, I dunno. Shouldn't take much time as I will copy some stuff but change most of it, and get rid of all the author notes. Though I'm thinking of making the chapters a bit longer. In here I try 1800-2100 (except that one where I was too tired and only had about 700), but on the polished version I think I'll try at least 2500 per chapter.

Cya then, and keep kool