𝑰-𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝑶𝒇 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑩𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒏

⁺    ˚. *     

✦ .  ⁺   .⁺    ˚. *    

 ✦ .  ⁺   ..   

  ⁺ ⁺

»»----- No warnings this time, just sweet, sweet unsatisfaction :) -----««

⁺    ˚. *     

✦ .  ⁺   .⁺    ˚

━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━

From the quiver resting on the middle of his back, to the edge of fingertips, and finally its launch straight through the air as it twirls with the currents into the flesh of its next victim; most would expect the outcome from a fatal arrow to be the carcass of an animal large enough to feed a dozen people.

It was never supposed to dig into the abdomen of a girl who would soon fall unconscious with just one glance at her sudden injury.

He'd done this countless amounts of times, and each shot was supposed to end with a quick death and a cheer to oneself at their skill and abilities, not the rush to where their arrow landed with the desperation to check for any signs of life.

But everything happens for a reason, and even mistakes can grant wishes.

════════════════

                Arrows pierce through skin fast enough to feel like a burning bullet as it glides right through your body. However, the stone head of an arrow is carved strong enough to plant itself between bones rather than come out the other side.

Some argue for this very reason, a bullet to the heart is more bearable than an arrow to the exact spot, where at least there isn't any evidence left protruding from your kiss of death.

And right now, I could say the same. 

The splintered wood forming the body of the arrow sticking out of my side right now hurt like hell just to look at. My eyes tried to pretend like it wasn't there, like one blink and it'd be gone; but with each blink, my unfortunate reality only became concrete.

My mind couldn't fathom the foreign object piercing my flesh right now. But to most, it was simple to comprehend; that shouldn't be there.

I could only begin to imagine the pain that went along with it, but thankfully I didn't have to when I keeled over onto the forest floor from the blood loss because of the wound and probably the sudden shock from obtaining it too.