ɪɪɪ - ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴏꜰ ʀᴇᴀꜱᴏɴɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍᴜᴛᴇ

════════════════

When I woke back up, it was like time never went on, pausing just for me until I was back and awake to join the rest of the population in this world.

Not a thing out of place from when I last saw it. There was even still daylight out when it felt like I had slept for days; I had no way of telling time besides the amount of light the sun gave off.

It seemed to be late afternoon, the light was now passing through the window that was right by me, long rays warming me up as I laid on the couch, almost like a gentle welcome back down to earth.

I don't know why the world tried so hard to make me feel safe in this stranger's house, because it was never going to work. I honestly couldn't believe I was still even here. How did I really let myself get cared for by the same man who shot me?

The only exception from when he dragged me in here and now was that I felt like absolute shit. Not because of my physical injury, more due to realizing this situation wasn't some fucked up dream I was living in.

I tried to rub the tired feeling from my eyes, but it did nothing but mess with my vision into that swirly black void. Whatever happened to feeling refreshed after sleep?

I was impatient, not in the mood to talk to my hospital stranger, and strangely feeling bitchier than ever after I woke up.

Probably cause past me had never made it out of here, but mostly because she did everything that lead up to this moment. I was mad at myself, so in turn, I was shitty to the world around me.

A major part of me always hated with dealing with the consequences, because I did everything to ensure I never had any to deal with; and the one time I do have to pay the repercussions, it was at the hands of some random man.

I may have woken up but I never moved; one would never even known I'd have woken up unless they watched the way my eyes moved around the room.

So I laid there for a bit on his couch- just thinking. Thinking about my next move, how to get that man's attention for help off the couch but at the same time how to stay still enough to not catch it because I didn't want to talk to him.

To be honest, I didn't know what I wanted.

But that decision wasn't mine anymore when he leaned against the counter of the kitchen that peeked into the living room.

"Man," He said, leaning on his hand, "I thought you'd sleep to the next morning."

I honestly can't tell how he knew I was awake. I'd had been sitting here a while so maybe he just saw the way my eyes darted from around the room to the window every once in a while.

"Funny how you fell asleep after all the pain." He emphasized, making me realize there was a different universe out there where I was asleep though all the painful shit he pulled. Sadly, one I wasn't lucky enough to be a part of.

He seemed pretty jovial for us meeting the very same day. I honestly forgot about whatever conversation we had prior, so my mind was set back into 'stranger danger' mode.

I could still hear his voice that my ears just kind of tuned out; asking about how I was feeling. I can't explain how much hearing his attempts at small talk made me want to pretend to be asleep again, but I woke up for a reason.

"I need to use the bathroom." I said blankly, ignoring all his comedic comments and constant concerns.

He paused to catch my quiet words before quickly understanding.

"Oh! Yeah of course, uh," He popped off the counter, swinging around the corner to assist me again. "It's this way."

He walked over to my helpless figure on the couch and I was able to see while I was asleep that he had managed to sneak in a shower. Hands and pants no longer dirty and bloody from our clean up and his journey prior.