Men always keep promises. part four

part four

- Captain, take the remaining gas from the whole cylinder, there is not much of it, but in total with your gas should be enough, and run, - Jean, without waiting for an answer, began to unscrew the cylinder, - I will stay here, I will shoot back, - the girl handed the balloon to the captain, trying to keep the tears welling up in place and not let them start run down the cheeks.

"Shove your useless altruism far away," Levi hissed, snatching the Gin balloon from his hands, "you'll fly with me on the same UPM," Levi pronounced his verdict.

- I'm a lot... I weigh...  Jean chuckled, watching the captain with honed movements "pour" gas from one cylinder to another.

"You should keep your mouth shut," Levi chuckled, changing the positions of the straps on his body so that he could take Jean with him, "cling on," Levi ordered.

Jean looked at the captain from head to toe with an uncomprehending look, sincerely not understanding how to catch on so that she would not detach herself during the flight.

- Come on! Hands on the shoulders, legs around the torso," Levi hurried the girl. Giving Jean a hand so that she could get up, Levi threw Jean's hands on his shoulders.

The captain wanted to grab Jean's leg, but she gestured to him that she was herself. Blushing, the girl somehow wrapped her legs around Ackerman's waist, and her hands clung to Levi's strong shoulders so hard that reddish crescents - nail marks- would surely remain.

- Oh, stop it...  Jean said in embarrassment when Levi adjusted her legs on his body, "I'm not your little girl," Jean said slightly offended.

"And that's where you didn't guess," Levi muttered almost inaudibly, hoping that Gene wouldn't hear him.

But here he did not guess.

***

- Yes, you promised! Mobile, damn you! You promised!

Boshmak flew past Captain Levy, who had just managed to enter the room. A good start.

This flying ill-fated shoe finally found its victim and hit right on the back of the head of the Mobile. Exemplary accuracy! And in general, something awkward was going on in the dining room. Moblit, bursting into laughter, ran away from Jean, hobbling on one leg, who demanded something from Berner and even resorted to violence out of desperation.

- Stop the mess!  Levi barked, so much so that everyone froze, staring at the captain, "what's going on?" - he said more calmly.

- He, - Jean pointed her finger at the Mobile, - has lost a bet to me, but he doesn't want to fulfill his promise.

- And you, Gene, shouldn't be here at all, - Levi looked at the girl accusingly. Look at her! In the morning she almost died a hundred times, and now she's running around as if nothing had happened. There was no burn on the entire back, there was no piece of metal sticking out of the leg.

They tried to put Jean to bed ten times that evening, but she was stubborn and jumped out of bed, saying that now was the worst time to sleep when their deeply respected commander was in prison.

- You, a man, never keep promises!  Jean quipped one last time before the captain kicked her out of the dining room.

***

• "Paradise" - Coldplay

Outside the window there has been a thick twilight for a long time, and now. the corps finally went to bed. The first relatively quiet night this week.