new life

____________________________________________________

By the way, Drew had two younger siblings in this AU;  one sister and one brother. Drew had already graduated, his sister is in university while the third youngest is still in high school.

Also, there is a small reference to a movie here. 

I made this story as a prologue for those who don't understand further.

____________________________________________________

Wednesday, 27 May 2026

01:08 PM

Third Person POV

"What do you mean, you're stepping down on the heir?!" Drew's father growled.

"I mean, I don't want to run the family business. I'd like to start a new life."

"'Start a new life'? Please, don't make me laugh! Norah-" he looked at his wife- ", do you hear what your son is saying?"

She didn't say anything.

"Your daughter did the same thing, how pathetic. How is being some useless librarian better than the million dollar business we have?"

She still kept quiet.

"Moving on!" He spun back at his son. "If you won't be the heir to the business, who will?! Don't even suggest your brother."

He then pointed an accusatory glance at his younger brother, who didn't say anything and looked away.

"Then who? Vanessa is definitely not coming to take over the heir."

"Even so, you're missing out on a big opportunity for your life." He argued, disgusted. "What are your plans when leaving, huh? How about you tell me and the others on what you're planning to do when you leave?"

Drew stiffened.

"See?! You have nothing to say! You know what?! Fine! You can leave this heir, this family, this life. I don't ever want to see your ungrateful face again."

"Did you just call him ungrateful?"

The two looked at Drew's mother, who had said that.

"That's what he is, alright! I got him everything he wanted whenever he asked for it, as this is what he pays me?!"

"No he isn't! For his whole life, he's been stressing his back off trying to impress you. He dated that Zoey girl because YOU wanted him to. He bullied others because YOU wanted him to-"

"I wanted them to know that he was superior!"

"And you made him fake a personality because YOU wanted him to! It was all you. No one else! So don't you even think about putting the blame on our son!"

"Mother-"

"No, Drew!" She snapped at him, then turned to his father. "I'm sick and tired to sitting back and watch you use him like a puppet. If you want a 'perfect' son, then stop being so bossy and try to be a perfect dad!"

He turned red with rage. "Norah-"

"What? You'll slap me? Fine! I'd rather be like that than having to watch my son being gaslighted by you! Have you ever sat and wondered if that's how a father really treats his child?"