𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐒 : 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟓

hey, y'all fav here 🥴 i changed the name from zell to levi just out of respect for zell & his family. love y'all. enjoy.

DAYVON BENNETT.
CHICAGO, IL
October 2019.

"WHAT happened 'Nae?" Dayvon hoarsely asked once he made it to his grandmothers home

"WHAT happened 'Nae?" Dayvon hoarsely asked once he made it to his grandmothers home. Dejanae ran off the porch to him at full speed, completely sobbing. Tears running down her cheeks one after the other. Her arms tightly clamped around his waist. He sighed hugging her back his lips pressed against her head as they stood in the walkway to the house in each other's arm. "Nae, what happened ma?" He spoke quietly, his hand running her back soothingly.

"I dunno!" She cried pulling away from him, her voice broken. "I didn't even hear anything! I just noticed he didn't come out of the bathroom when he went in—and when I kept calling him he didn't answer so I got the broomstick and broke the door open! A-and when I got in," she broke down pointing to the Glock on the stairs, the Glock had a silencer on the end of it. And the sight of just the gun itself chilled Dayvon to the core. Levi was his only brother and he was no longer here. A war hero, a father. It was just too much for him.

Dayvon sighed, grabbing his sister by her shoulders gently, leading her into the house. Leaving the gun on the steps, he couldn't being himself to touch it and he never had a problem with picking up a gun.

Inside the home, he watched as his grandmother talked to some people from the coroner's office in the living area. His mother sat on the nearby couch sobbing for dear life. He sat Dejanae on the love seat and edged out of the room, not wanting to here the gruesome murder of his elder brother. Stumbling upon the bathroom, the gruesome scene awaited him. They still hadn't retrieved his body. He was laid out in the bathtub, completely lifeless. A pool of blood had gathered underneath his head blood splattered on the shower curtain and wall, the piece of paper in the sink was a CVS prescription receipt, but on the back it read. "I'm sorry family, I love y'all. Please tell Kerry and Jordan I love them." His ex wife and son.

Dayvon nearly would've collapsed if it weren't for his mother that had finally came to find him, wrapping her arms around his torso she cried into his back. Although, Dayvon didn't particularly like his mom, he did love her and this was a hard time for all of them. He stumbled back, with her against him. His stomach now twisting and turning. He closed the door not wanting to see the sight any longer. He slowly unlaced his mothers arms from his waist.

"Dayvon—I'm sorry!" His mother cried. "I'm so sorry baby, you're my only son now! You gotta forgive me—"

"Right ain't the time, Leah." He gently spoke to her, stepping around her slender figure. He could never bring himself to call her his mother, but he could refer to her in that manner. His real mother was his granny and that applied to all his siblings too. Heading into the living room, he spotted extra coroners with a stretcher and body bag heading toward the bathroom area. He saw his grandmother consoling his little sister ok the couch.

Her eyes held a deep sorrow as she spotted him. "Oh baby, come'ere." She spoke gently, bringing the tears to him all at once. He slowly brung himself to her, collapsing at her side, laying his lap on her head like what he used to do when he was smaller. He couldn't believe he and his family was actually going through this. It was about to he extremely hard on him.

_________

"ARE you okay?" Harlem asked lowly as he paused his game, Dayvon wrapping him up in a hug later that night.

"Yea grandson," he sniffed, "I'm straight. I jus' need a hug."

Harlem was young, but he was incredibly smart and furthermore, he knew Dayvon. And he knew something was wrong. Pulling away from him after a minute. Dayvon quickly ran his hand down his face riding himself of any tears. The hug from Harlem eased his pain a little bit. He sighed grunting to clear his throat as he continued. "Aye look, you gotta promise me sumn' okay?" He looked at Harlem seriously who nodded. "If you eva' feelin' sad or depressed or any shit like dat' you tell me, or yo sista's aight?" He knew what Harlem experienced could inflict those feelings on him and the death of his brother sadly, made him realize that. Harlem slowly nodded a little confused.

"Harlem, I'm dead ass serious gang, you hea me? I'm fa' real man!" He preached holding tears back. "You'on neva gotta go through shit like that alone man. You know I luh you?"

"Yeah," Harlem nodded, "I love you too."

"Aight." He nodded sniffing.

"Are you sure you okay?" Harlem asked once again, unpausing his game as he looked at Dayvon with a glint of uncertainty in his eyes. Dayvon nodded lying of course as he got up pulling his pants up.

"Yea, im straight." He nodded. "Jus wanted ta' tell you dat' and some mo' shit—play yo game." He instructed. "I'm fin' go talk to yo sista'." He informed him. Harlem nodded watching him disappear into the kitchen wondering what could have his hero all worked up and emotional over.

In the kitchen, British sat at the island surfing through her social media accounts on her phone. She watched as Dayvon trudged in. She knew he wasn't okay and didn't bother to ask, instead she opened her arms for him to fall into them and cry. She knew he needed it. And he felt completely at ease there.

_________

one thing bout a author bitch like me, ima write some sad shit. 🤷🏽‍♀️

anyways, im finna go eat some grapes bitches, I deserve them.

love y'all boos I really do 🥹 y'all holds a bitch downnnn!