17. The Grand Banquet

You sat up from the infirmary bed you were laying on. You were wearing a simple white gown that was knee-length and had bandages here and there. You stood from the bed and walked out into the hallway.

"Brat, you're not supposed to be up!"

You looked to the right and saw Porlyusica and Wendy. "Oh... sorry," you blushed.

She sighed and walked into the room so you followed behind. You sat back on the bed and she came up to feel your forehead.

"No fever, magical energy seems to be fine. How do you feel?" She asked.

"Fine, just sore. How many days has it been?"

"Oh, it's just the next day. It is 3:00 p.m. though," Wendy answered with a smile. She used her magic to further heal what few injuries you had.

"Also," she started, "there's a Grand Banquet that all the guilds have been invited to, including you. The princess wanted me to tell you."

"Oh, like a ball?" You tilted your head.

"Yep! We're all going shopping later if you'd like to join."

"Sure!" You smiled.

The shopping group consisted of Erza, Mirajane, Lucy, Yukino, Juvia, Cana, and Wendy. And you, of course.

"You should go with this one," Erza held up a dress to you. "It's definitely your color- or colors." It was a royal blue dress with a gold colored design on the skirt. It reminded you of what a renaissance princess may wear.

At another store, you bought beautiful gold colored earrings with blue gems on them. You also found gold colored heels, even though you absolutely hated wearing them.

In three days, the Great Banquet would take place...

A few hours later~

Erza walked up to the large hotel, that could honestly be called a resort. Crocus Gardens was quite grand, and of course it would be what Jiemma would buy out.

She walked through the large doors and was surprised by how quiet it was. She was used to her rowdy guild.

"Erza?" She looked over to see the blond dragon slayer. "What're you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you... preferably in private."

"Okay," he mumbled, anxiety obvious on his face.

He followed her outside and sat beside her on the steps. Two other figures stepped out of the darkness. Sting's eyes widened. To say he was intimidated was an understatement.

"So, you have a huge crush on my sister," Jellal spoke up, glaring down at the blond.

"Um, yes," he blushed and cleared his throat.

"Why?" Draculos questioned. His energy was intense and it made Sting's eyes widen in fear. (F/n) really was something special to be able to stand to be around this intimidating man longer than five minutes. He was someone not to be messed with.

He sat in silence, staring down at his hands with furrowed brows. "When I was 9 years old, I was on my own. I hadn't met Rogue, not even Lector yet. I had lost my dragon four years prior, however, so I was used to it. I had been bullied by the kids in my town, and one day, it went too far. They broke a bone in my leg, so I couldn't run to escape. One of them ended up pulling out a knife. I don't know what they were gonna do with it, kill me or just cut me with it, because next thing I know there's a woman standing in front of me. She told them to leave me alone, and when they laughed her off, she beat the shit out of them and embarrassed them and forced them to apologize to me," he chuckled.