last chapter

6 months later
Staring at the tombstone while tears rolled down your cheek you fell on your knees.

“Why did you leave me so early? We still have to go to the Han river. How could you?” hiding your face in your palm, you let go of the tears you have been holding onto.

“Why did you leave me b-baby?” your voice cracked as the memories of the past flashed in your mind.

How the person you loved the most left you, alone in this world. The person crouched down to your level and engulfed you in his warm embrace.

“Why did you? We could have found another way but..you-u” taeha who was standing beside you crouched down to your level and hugged you.

“I am so sorry unnie, because of me taetae left us forever” she said as tears rolled down her cheeks.(1)

“None of it was your fault, i will never forget how he put you first instead of himself” you said and cupped her cheeks, wiping off the tears you pecked her forehead.

“Why did taetae do tha-t? Now because of him trying to be a hero, we lost him forever. You lost your l-love” she said and cried harder, her tip of the nose got a shade of red, as her eyes were red from all the crying.

“We should leave, otherwise we will be late, the royal guard asked us to come to the palace” you said to her and wiped your tears, putting on a small smile you gently held her hand and made your way to the palace.

Flashback
Your knees gave up, your heart started beating at a faster pace, fear took all over your body, your whole body went numb.

With shaking hands you placed his head in your lap and cupped his cheek. “T-taehyung-ah” you softly whispered as a drop of tear fell on his face.

“D-ont worry princess, everything will be fine” he said and held your hand, giving you a small smile he assured you and stroked your knuckles with the pad of his thumb. (2)

The guards who were on Taehyung's side, picked his body and rushed to the royal doctor as you followed them.

They made him lay down on the bed beside taeha. “P-please save him, i-i cant l-live without him, please” you joined your hands and begged as your gaze was stuck on his weak body.

''Did you get the herb?” the doctor asked as you nodded and gave him the herb. “There is only one” he whispered but you heard him “is that a problem? Only taeha needs the herb right?” you asked with a slightly raised voice.

“They both need it…” he let out as you felt your head aching. “Y-you have to do something, save them both..i-i..please don't do this to me, i can't live without either of them, they are my everything” you said and held their hands.

“We can stop the bleeding but we have to use the herb on the girl soon, before it's too late” he said as you closed your eyes and bit your lips.

Time skip
It's been 2 hours since taehyung has been unconscious. The doctor stitched up his wound as much as he could. (3)

You were sitting on the floor beside Taehyung while holding his hand tightly, pecking his knuckles from time to time, desperately praying for his health.

You sat there. “Princess, why are you crying like that?” your head shot up in his direction as you saw him fully awake with a concerned expression on his face.

“Is taeha fine? Did she get the herb? What happened? Tell me, is she fine?” he asked as fear was clearly visible in his eyes.

“She will be fine for a few more hours” you sadly whispered as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.