I Don't Even Know Your Name. Part 1.

I just watched the video on this song for his 'Handwritten Inspirations' on what he says the song is about. I get where he says on what the song is about, but I kind of have my own opinion. Which I guess is why I am writing this to begin with. So the actual meaning I guess for this song is that walking and they bumped into each other on the sidewalk (or wherever they were). He had never asked her for her name, so he was left wondering about what her name was. In my own thought, I agree perfectly with what Shawn had said, (well obviously I do, that's what the song is about), but in a way to be there is also a slightly different meaning. Now I will go of that they had met suddenly, and she had been pulled away, and he wondered what her name was. I guess I can kind of write a short story about this song, so here I go. (The girls name is going to be Alissa and the guy's name will obviously be Shawn.)

Shawn and Alissa had gone to school together since kindergarten, Alissa was known as a social outcast. She wasn't known to most of the student body, she sat alone at lunch and she always sat in the back of classroom, known as a teacher's pet, but yet no one knew her story or her name. Alissa had this one friend who she always hung out with outside of school, because in the school life her friend was a popular, so they didn't talk much there. Now Shawn on the other hand, was the total opposite of Alissa. He was a popular kid, and everyone knew who he was. He was a singer in a band, and everyone just adored him.

But back to Alissa, she lived with her father and her 4 year old brother. Her mother had passed away when she was 13 and her father grew to be an alcoholic, and an abusive parent. So it kind of explains the way that Alissa lives inside school. Her life was all going to school, and coming back home living to the expectations of her so called father. Now no one wanted her life to turn out the way it did, when her mother was still alive, she was the happiest girl and she had such a loving family! But when her mother died, her father got depressed, and he couldn't control himself anymore. So he turned out the way he did.

But let's not talk about that. School had just ended, so Alissa started walking home from school. She always remembers to walk home with a smile on her face, because she knows once she walks in the front door of her house, that smile will be no more. Shawn had left school after Alissa, and Shawn always walks home with his friends! Keep in mind that Alissa and Shawn live on the same street, so they always pass paths on the way home. Due to the fact that Alissa tries to take her time on getting home. But today was different.

Shawn and his group of friends had decided to play a little game of football on the way home. They had just turned onto the street that they had lived on. Alissa was just about to walk up to the door, when she didn't hear the guys laughing, when all of a sudden Shawn had backed right into her and knocked her down along with all of her books all over the sidewalk. "I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there." Shawn apologized.

"It's okay, I'm used to it." Alissa said.

"Well I didn't mean to knock you down, my friends and I were throwing the football, and I just didn't see you."

"Oh," Alissa said smiling.

"I like your smile, havn't I seen you around school?" Shawn asked.

"Yah, but I'm surprised you even noticed me. No one ever does."

"I'd remember that smile anywhere." Shawn said smiling.

"Really?" Alissa said getting red in the face.

"I mean yeah! I know we have never talked, but could I get your name?" Shawn asked.

Before Alissa could even answer, her dad came storming out and dragged her inside. All he did was screaming and yell, and Shawn could hear them from outside.

The next few days, Alissa didn't even show up to school. Shawn tried finding her at school, and he couldn't. He would walk home from school and look at the house and there would be no one there! Shawn even went up to the door and knocked a few times, and no one ever answered. Shawn knew something was going on in the house, and he was getting worried. The more he even thought about it, he wanted to hold her in his arms and just tell her it would be ok.

That is the end of the story! I know that was different from what I said I was going to do with the songs, but I thought it would be interesting. My point of view on this song is the same as Shawn's, and it is an amazing song. So I hope you enjoyed the little story!