epilogue

After graduating Hogwarts, everyone moved on with their lives. But for the Marauders and their friends, it was dark and fire time. They all had to come together for the Order of the Phoenix during Voldemort's rise to power.

Lily gave birth to a Harry Evans-Evanescence. Lily had used James as a donor, since Effie and her couldn't actually have their own children. It was a tough process for the two women. They both wanted a child overall, but couldn't decide who would be the one to hold the baby for nine months. However, Effie decided to let Lily be the one to do it, as she didn't trust her mermaid blood. She continued to believe that her blood was tainted and ugly, much to Lily's offense.

The two never officially got married since the world they lived in did not appreciate same sex marriage, but the two decided that marriage was simply words on a legal document. As long as the two had each other, then that was all that mattered.

Once Harry was born, Effie and Lily deemed Ivory the godmother and Sirius the godfather. It was a tough decision since they had many good friends, but they ruled it out easily. Since James was biologically the father and Remus was too afraid to truly even take care of a child and they did not know Peter well enough, Sirius and Ivory were the best choice.

But Dawn did love to spoil Harry as her own son and often came over to Effie and Lily's flat with Remus to play with Harry. One would ponder who was actually the godmother - Dawn or Ivory.

However, shortly after, Sirius had been detained for murdering Effie and Lily, Peter, and twelve Muggles. Voldemort went into hiding after almost being defeated by Harry Evans-Evanescence, the Boy-Who-Lived.

Remus was enraged. He believed Sirius told Voldemort the whereabouts of Harry, causing Lily and Effie to die. He ceased friendship with Ivory as well because she believed Sirius was innocent. He had called her a fool at their funeral, but Dawn broke the argument apart before wands were drawn.

Their band of friends had broken up because of the murder of their friends. Only one person was lying, but it was not the person they thought it was. It would be years later when the truth behind Effie and Lily's murder came to light.