Chapter 18: Draco's POV

The faces that looked onto the scene before them were full of curiosity and admiration, and the look on Harry's face made Draco feel uncharacteristically happy, so much so that he felt a little sick. He wasn't used to being admired. Why would he be? He used to be a bully, a Death Eater. So of course he didn't deserve Harry, or his attention. That's why he backed away, allowing himself to be swallowed by the cheering crowd. No other reason.

Professor Mcgonagall sat at a table right at the back of the room, blithely gossiping with Professor Sprout, and occasionally trifling with her star strewn witch's hat. That's all she was doing. Until she started to approach Draco.
"Good evening, Mr Malfoy. I take it you enjoy the event?" She was smiling knowingly again. Draco peered at her. "Why would you allow me to attend Hogwarts again?"  he accused. She continued to smile.  "You are not as you think you are, Draco Malfoy. You displayed exemplary courage in the war. It was difficult for you." Mcgonagall turned to leave, beckoning to a plate of moon cakes.

Draco frowned.  "Wait! Back in your office that time, what did you mean by  'arrangements?'" The Professor didn't turn back to him. Instead she indicated to a boy who had his hands on the balcony railing of the astronomy tower, and finished a moon cake in three neat bites. "I see you did poorly with your arrangements. He doesn't look very happy, does he? Ah well. I suggest you talk to him, Mr Malfoy." And with that she strolled away, waving at the person behind him. Draco stared after her, and he would of joined Harry on the balcony, if Weasley hadn't started walking so purposefully towards him.

Everyone just seemed to be out to get him that night.

"Save it, Weasley, I've had enough lectures for one evening."  Draco hissed.
"Wait! I didn't mean that, honest! I just- I meant, I just wanted to apologise? Not like you deserve it -"  Granger scowled at him, and Pansy smirked - "but I feel like I owe you an apology. Kind of. Even though you did nothing but torture me and Harry, and call Hermione names, I haven't exactly been fair either. So, can we just be mates now?" 

Draco gaped at him.  "Weasley - let me get this straight - you're apologising to me after everything I've done to you? I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. I've made fun of your best friend's dead parents, looked down on you and your family for such silly reasons, and I've messed with your head and made a hate club dedicated to Harry, and - hey, you know what, I just realised something - I am such a horrible person." Weasley frowned. "Look, if you don't want my apologies, I can just leave and take them back-"
"No! I want us to be," Draco grimaced, " 'mates'." He stuck out his hand earnestly. "Friends?" Weasley, (or is it Ron, now?) grinned back. "Sure."

Granger pounced on them, Pansy's hand wrapped around her waist. "I see you two have made friends. Brilliant. Now, if I ever catch you two arguing again, I will-" Draco peered behind her desperately. She smiled. "Fine. Go to him."
He beamed. "Thanks Hermione!"

———————————-

At around midnight, large groups of students filed out of the astronomy tower, buzzing excitedly about the after party. A boy named Michael Hart claimed he had snuck muggle alcohol into the dorms, and it was the only thing people wanted to talk about while chatting in the common room. Draco mentally grimaced. The thought of attending a party with a pack of drunk, horny teenagers made him want to legitimately throw up. But he had overheard Harry talking about the party, and if he was going, it was only right that Draco would keep him company. Besides, it looked as if Pansy wasn't really giving him a choice.

"-and you'll go to that party whether you want to or not. I grew up with you, Dray, I'm not letting you drag yourself around like some miserable old man. You'll have fun, at this one, trust me."  He groaned.  "Fine. But I am not doing any muggle drugs, and I am not getting drunk."  She rolled her eyes.  "It's not like I'm going to force you or anything."  And she didn't. Pansy darted off to berate Hermione the moment the lights came on, eventually leaving her to down a round of shots. Someone else came and stood next to Hermione instead, chatting with her smoothly. Draco blinked at him, taking in his appearance, and feeling his face go red.

He was wearing a black cropped T-shirt with the words 'AC/DC' illustrated in spiky grey lettering at the front, and black jeans with black platform boots. But Draco wasn't staring at that. He was starting at his lips. Harry Potter was wearing red lipstick. And, gosh, did it make heads turn. Draco had never felt so weird about anyone. Not even when he had that ridiculously short childhood crush on Pansy, or the obsession over Blaise. But that was nothing compared to the way he felt when he stared at Harry. Harry stared back, tilting his head to one side and smiling. "Are you just gonna stand over there and watch? Come here, sweetheart."  Every joint in Draco's body locked up.

How convenient.

Hermione sniggered behind the palm of her hand, making her way over to Draco, and gently steering him over to a smug Harry, placing him where she originally stood.  "I'll leave you two to catch up." she declared, marching off to find her drunk girlfriend. Harry seemed completely at ease, sipping his drink coolly.  "Horrible, this stuff. I don't know how anyone could drink that shit. Still, you wouldn't know, would you darling? You wouldn't drink a drop of alcohol, right?"  Draco swallowed, trying to collect himself.  "Of course not. It's probably drugged or something."  he claimed. Time to change the subject.  "What's that on your shirt. Or half shirt."

Harry laughed softly.  "It's a muggle band, actually. Not my favourite, but they have good songs." He poked the blond in the chest. "Don't be so shy sunshine." Draco frowned indignantly.
"Don't call me that. What happened to names? You know, the ones that normal people use? I demand complete-" He would have continued if it wasn't for the warmth of Harry's lips, and the hand around his neck. Harry Potter was kissing him. And Draco was kissing back. It was like the only thing that mattered was the boy pressing against his body, and the lips moving onto his neck.

"You're smudging your lipstick,"  Draco muttered between strangled gasps, while Harry continued to attack his neck with bites and kisses.  "Don't care," he whispered, pulling the blond by his shirt and moving them towards the dorms. He broke away from Draco's neck, sitting him down on his bed, and pulling the curtains shut.  "You're so beautiful."  He breathed, scanning him. He reached for the collar of Malfoy's dress shirt, tugging at it.  "May I?"  Draco nodded wordlessly, allowing Harry to carefully unbutton his clothes, and push him back onto the bed.

Before Harry could do anything else though, Draco tensed up. "What's up? Did I do something wrong?" He pulled away from the other boy for a moment, frowning. "Do you want me to stop? We don't have to do anything-" Draco shook his head, his eyes blank with pleasure. "No, it's not that, it's just..." he paused, looking embarrassed. "I've never gone this far with a guy before. But I think I want to." Harry nodded, smiling. "Do you want us to take it slow? I won't ever do anything you're not comfortable with, ok?" Draco nodded, curling Harry's hair around his finger. Harry gently pressed his lips against Malfoy's, moving down to his bare chest.

I wonder what Lucius Malfoy would say if he knew that Harry Potter was fucking his son.

———————————

Sorry for the outrageously overdue chapter, I've had rehearsals, and homework, and a shitload of other things. But it's here!
-R🧚