We're All Idiots

There is only one braincell holder and we meet him in this chapter

-----------------------------------------

"How long until we get there?! I'm boooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeed!"

"N-not too long, Anzu! We're almost near the bus stop that'll take us the rest of the way!" Anzu and Arakan walked along the well-worn trail in the forest. Anzu now sported a light purple bucket hat with a white pokeball symbol atop her head. Arakan also had some black gloves on his hands to keep them warm. The two preteens panted as they followed the map uphill once more.

"Arceus! Why does this city have to be so high up the mountain?!"

"At least it isn't Mount Usa. I've heard it might be taller than Mount Coronet in Sinnoh." Anzu looked at him with the most deadpan expression she could. Curse Arceto for being full of mountains. Ivysaur and Wartortle have long since retreated to their own pokeballs. Arakan looked up and smiled. There was an opening right where the map said it would be. He grabbed Anzu's hand and pulled her along as they finally exited the forest.

There was now a dirt road instead of a trail in front of them. Just a few meters away it ended, leaving dangerous rocks for people to traverse if they dared. They looked to the other side of the road where there was a bus stop and a person sitting there. The two looked both ways before running across the road and to the pole. They both panted and slumped to the ground.

Two Pokémon came out of their pokeballs. A Cleffa snuggled against Anzu's side while a Cubone stood protectively beside Arakan. Anzu carefully picked up the Cleffa and snuggled them as the four of them plus the other person waited for the bus. Arakan decided to look through his bag for some berries. He looked through his berry pouch to find none. Sighing, he looked down and started to draw in the dirt with a stick he found nearby.

An oran berry appeared in front of him. He looked up to see the other person standing in front of him holding it out. "Here, I saw that you didn't have any berries. I assume it's for your Cubone here," they said. Arakan nodded in thanks and gave the berry to his Cubone. She was recently hatched so he'll have to get to a Pokémon Center once they reach the city.

The stranger now sat a bit closer, giving him a better view of what they looked like. They had blond hair, most of it tied into a low bun with a few strands poking out. From what Arakan could tell, they had some hair covering their right eye, leaving only their left greyish-green eye exposed. Their skin was pale and mostly covered by the clothes they wore. They had on an expensive looking maroon sweater over a black polo shirt. They also had on a nice dark blue trench coat, black pants, and nice looking brown hiking boots.

"Are you going to Spider Lily City as well?"

"Ah, yes. I actually live there but I had to go to a meeting in Arceto City." The stranger smiled kindly. Anzu walked closer and sat near them, Cleffa safely snuggled in her arms. "You work there?" she asked. The stranger nodded. "Yes! I'm actually a manager at my job, despite it being my first time as a manager... Ah, where are my manners? My name is Volo and I work for Smile Inc!"

Anzu perked up. "I think I've heard of that before," she said. Cleffa looked up at her with a confused expression. "Cle cle!" their stubby arms were raised in a manner to signify something. Anzu picked them up and smiled a bit. "Isn't that an idol company?" she asked. Volo nodded and reached into their trench coat. They pulled out a business card with pastel colors on it.

Smiles Inc.

Manager Volo (He/Him)

(xxx)-xxx-xxx

Anzu carefully took the card. It was nothing much. The font was simple and silver colored. As she opened her mouth to ask more questions, the engine of a bus could be heard. A blue and black bus came driving down the road. The three of them stood and gathered their items. Cubone sat on Arakan's shoulder while Cleffa snuggled against Anzu's chest. Arakan thought for a second he saw pokeballs on Volo's belt.