-C4-

Jeyah's POV

I went home with mixed emotions. I still couldn't believe I'm now part of Darren's group. I shook my head and sighed deeply as I flipped the doorknob of the entry door. 

"Hi, sweetie, I'm glad you're here. But you look so upset. Is there anything wrong?", my brother Andre asked curiously. He was at the sala, sitting in a figure four-leg-clamp while leaning his back on the sofa bed. I approached him and gave him a hug. I put my things down and sat beside him. 

"Are you okay sweetie? What's that serious face?", he asked again. 

I laid my head on his shoulder and told him, it's just nothing. But my brother knows me very well, so even if I say, I'm fine he would never be convinced because he really knows when I'm okay and when I'm not. 

"C'mon, tell me. What happened?"

I lowered my head because I am still hesitant to tell him what happened in school. He lifted my chin and told me to look at him. My brother is always like that. He would never stop if he wants to know something.

"Boo, I have my friends in school and they asked me to join their group", I uttered. My brother's eyes widened and his brows furrowed. 

"Uhm, don't get me wrong boo, it's not a fraternity or sorority. It's just a group called "All for one". We are now eleven including me. Don't worry boo, they are good people.", I added.

"You have your new friends, so why do you look so sad?", he asked, quite confused of what is really happening.

"Okay sweetie, tell me who are they? I want to know them of course because they are your friends"

I began to name them all and told him about their courses. Until I mentioned Darren Laurel being the leader of the group.

"Darren Laurel? Sounds familiar. Is he taking an Accountancy course in UP?"

I nodded.

"Darren, Dar---Ah, I remembered now. My best friend Nikko mentioned him last time. That Darren Laurel is Nikko's cousin on his mother's side", my brother spoke certainly.

My eyes widened upon knowing about it. Nikko is my brother's best friend and his Executive Assistant in the company.

"Uhm, what else did Nikko tell you about Darren boo?", I said out of curiosity.

"Aha, and why you're interested in this guy, sweetie?", my brother asked forming a naughty smile on his lips.

I was silent for a while, trying to think what could be a good answer to my brother's question. I sighed and cleared my throat.

"Darren is the leader of our group boo, and I think it's not wrong if I would ask something about him".

I thought I succeeded, but my brother is a keen observer and really good at analyzing things.

"Uhm, I'm not convinced, sweetie. I think, you like him, don't you?", he chuckled and tickled the side of my torso.

I couldn't help but laughed as well, especially when my brother was winking his eyes at me. Anyway, I couldn' hide anything from him. He is my only brother and who else would I ever confide my feelings? We already lost our dad, and mom is not living with us here in Manila.

"Okay, sweetie, even if you won't tell me, you like Darren, but I know it. So, is he the reason why you were in a bad mood a while ago? Why? Does he not like you too?", he asked seriously.

"I don't know boo, but I'm already a member of his group. And---and—", I couldn't finish what I wanted to say because I feel like my tears started to form in my eyes.