7• After the talk

"Jeremy?"

A voice called and he turned toward the source just for his gaze to set on Scarlett's junior sister staring back at him with surprising blonde hair.

Jeremy opened the car and moved out of it still staring at her. How come Monica Rodriguez, Scarlett's mother left her benjamin to dye her hair to blonde? Did he fall into some kind of parallel world?

"Good morning, Anastasia," he finally said and she shook her hair.

"It's Nastya now, but whatever," she shrugged, crossing her hands over her chest something she was fun of doing. "What are you doing here by the way Because if you're here for Lydia... I mean Scarlett, your Scarlett. I am sorry to tell you that you just missed her. She was just from going out with her fiancee."

Jeremy frowned.

"What?"

"What?"

Anna returned his question.

"What did you just say?"

"That Scarlett is just from going out with her fiancee... wait, you never knew?"

"No! Of course not! Since when are they engaged?" Jeremy asked hopes of a better future with his ultimate love all vanished.

Anna's face fell by the look on Jeremy's. It was true that Jeremy had hurt Scarlett, but Anna couldn't deny how he had loved her too and as much as she loved to boast that Mike Saco was her brother in law, she would like her sister to be happy.

Scarlett liked Mike Anna was sure of that, but for her to be really happy she must speak with Jeremy so as to be sure that she loved Mike enough to spent the rest of her life with him. They needed to speak together for Scarlett to either turn the page and continue her story with Jeremy, or burn her past so as to write a new story with Mike.

"Nathanael didn't tell you?"

"Wait, Nathan knew?" Jeremy asked in disbelief.

Anna sighed. "Why did you break up with her?"

"Where are they now?" Jeremy questioned.

"They--"

"Anna, I thought I asked you to... Jeremy?" Scarlett stood in front of him unable to absorb the fact that he was really there. "Are you stalking me?"

Jeremy turned to face her, not caring that Ana had lied to him and not giving a damn about Scarlett accusations, he asked her, "You got engaged to Mike, Scarlett?"

"It's Lydia now Jeremy, and yes. I got engaged to Mike," she snapped at him wondering what was his problem.

"Wait, how can you? You barely even know him!"

"Excuse me? I have known him for more than four years now."

"Yes, but you're making a mistake."

"Mistake? Are you actually telling me that I made the wrong choice because I can assure that the only mistake I've ever committed was loving a puke like you!" Scarlett raised her voice. She never wanted to, she didn't want to be like that in front of him, but she needed to. He was the one who came to provoke her so he will better bare the consequences.

"I... I think I will better go," Anna announced before walking away.

"Don't say that, Scarlett. You know that you and me-"

"When will you finally understand, Jeremy? There is no more a you and me! You said it by yourself the other day; The area of Richard and Scarlett is over. What is left now is just Jeremy, Lydia and nothing in between. There is nothing that binds us together anymore. Nothing!" she yelled at him.