Chalk and Basketballs

First X Reader of the book let's goooo.

I did my favorite boy since some of yall would enjoy it.

Bon appetit!

--*------------- * -------------*--

Pairing: Hex X G/N Reader

Genre: Fluff

--*------------- * -------------*--

You were deciding to go to the park since it was a sunny day today and tomorrow, and you finally got your hands on some new chalk you got from the store. You've been wanting to do chalk since it started to be more like summer in the town than spring. After carrying your bag of chalk over to the basketball court, you began to look on your phone for inspiration. After a while of scrolling through Pinterest, you decided to draw Kirby since you were currently playing Kirby and The Forgotten Land at home. You begin to get less aware of what's going on around you but in front of you the more you draw. You were just about to start putting the chalk away until you suddenly felt something round hit you in the back of the head. "Oof!" You yelped on impulse, rubbing the back of your head. "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!" a robotic voice blurted behind you. Turning around you see a tall robot wearing a sports jersey with the number 16 on it. Its face is displaying regret, probably because they were the one who hit you with the ball. "Don't worry, I'm ok.." You replied, standing up and gaining balance from sitting so long. You were trying your best to not have the robot worry about you. It didn't work as the feeling of your legs going tired made you fall, luckily into the robot's arms. "Are you ok?" It asked.

"Yeah I'm good. My legs are just tired from sitting so long." You answered, regaining balance and holding onto the robot's metal hands for support. You can see some kind of blush brushed on his face, probably from the hand holding. "My apologies! I hope I didn't distract you. I'm Hex by the way." Hex rambled, still a bit shaken up. "I'm Y/N." You answered, smiling back in some sort of understanding way.

After that little accident, Hex made up for you by letting you watch him play at his next game and make an area for you to draw in without getting hit. You thought it was really sweet of him and soon enough finished your piece. The two of you become friends and while you're walking home, you still keep thinking of Hex's face. It was really cute to you, like a child's face. Hex also gave you some inspiration for next time you draw at the park.

The next day, you heard that there was a Basketball game today and the basketball court would be occupied, so you brought your sketchbook. You sat in the bleachers and opened up a page, staring at it for a while. Soon enough the sounds of cheering snapped you out of your thoughts as you saw players arrive, some in similar jerseys as Hex. One thing caught your eye, which was the robotic player in the group of humans. It was Hex. You decided to stay and watch Hex, drawing him while he played. You were about done with the sketch and lineart when the game ended. Making your way through the crowd, you made it to Hex, who recognized you immediately. "Y/N! I didn't expect to see ya here!" He beamed. "Yeah, I was originally going to just draw something while people played," You answered, a little regret in their voice. "But, then I saw you. I thought you would be a good inspiration for me. I only finished the line art thou." You chuckled, showing the sketchbook page to Hex. Hex looked at it for while, but you could tell he was happy, as you noticed the antennas started moving side to side like a puppy. "Wow! I love it!" Hex cheered. You smiled, you loved these little things. "Can I sign it? Like an autograph?" he asked. "Yeah sure." You replied, handing him a pen. You looked over to see what he wrote, struggling over how tall he was. When he gave it back you saw that he wrote his name, jersey number, and a phone number at the bottom. "I gotta get going! My team is having an after party for winning." He told you, kind of sad that he couldn't hang out longer. "I'll see you around, Hex." You waved, seeing him walk away to his team. "Bye Y/N!" He waved back, using both of his hands before running over to his team.

Goodness, he was so cute.

--*------------- * -------------*--

Hhhhh this was really cute to write. I did get anxious as people were behind me but none of them were looking luckily. I might make part two if yall want that. Thanks for reading.