Recording (Prolouge)

"Is this thing on?"

"You have to hit the red button."

"Testing testing, 123."

"I think it's recording."

"Oh perfect. Hello listener, my name is Nox and I am dead."

"NOX!"

"What? It's the truth!"

"Just read the script. Its there for a reason."

"Alright alright. Ignore what I just said. If you found this tape, that means you are on a magical and fantastical journey to the afterlife. Huzzah. My name is Nox, although you might know me as the Grimm Reaper. Well, technically, apprentice Grimm Reaper."

"And I am Riley F. To whoever is listening to this, look around you. See that giant black tree in the distance? Yeah, that's where you're going. Those are Death's Doors. You may also notice the long red road leading right there. Get on the path and start hauling ass. Trust me."

"If you are confused, that's a good sign. Means you haven't been Initiated yet. Don't stress, just keep going and don't stop. As a dead person, you don't have to worry about running out of energy so just go until your soul can't take it. Someone will find you. And whatever you do, DO NOT STRAY FROM THE PATH."

"Agreed. Don't leave the path, and if you see shadows in the grass, pick up the pace. Those are... well... you'll see. Someone will be along soon to collect you so hopefully it won't be too long until we meet."

"Oh what joy."

"Oh come on, be nice."

"This is me being nice. Don't you roll your eyes at me!"

"Don't be such an ass."

"Oh you love my ass."

Smack.

"OUCH!"

"Haha, serves you right."

"You didn't have to hit me that hard."

"Wait, is that thing still recording? Shit. Nox help me turn this thing off!"

"Alright alright, don't lose your head."

"NOX!"