Chapter 7: The True Past

"Give me time with the child alone." The ominous voice fills the air. The dark room was deep in the basement of an old building. The man in which the voice belonged to had been hiding there for some time, unbeknownst to the other man in the room. No one ever knew where the man was. He was an enigma. He always had cards at play and he would mysteriously appear before mysteriously disappearing.

"Yes, master." Shigaraki replies, scratching his neck at the same time. He turns to leave the room. As he walks toward the door, the sound of his footsteps break the ice in the air. The door creaks as he opens it and again when he closes it. He walks up the stairs and onto the main floor.

The room is mostly empty. There are a few chairs strewn about and bodies in each one of them. A weird green lizard sits in the far corner, staring down at his feet. A man in a black and gray bodysuit lies on the floor. A young girl, who should be in high school, sits in a chair next to the man on the floor. She's holding a knife with fresh blood on it. Her eyes are glued to the blood, mesmerized by the reflection it creates on the knife. A strong woman with glasses leans against the North wall. She is the first to speak up.

"What are we going to do with him? I don't think he is going to join us!"

"Master is going to talk to him. I am sure he can convince him."

"Who is this guy? You call him master all the time, but we haven't seen him." The blonde girl says eerily. Her still eyes transfixed on the bloody knife.

"We all want to meet him! No we don't!" The man on the floor screams out, grasping at his face.

"Not right now." Shigaraki says impatiently. "Is Dabi with him?"

"He's beating the boy to a pulp. There is no way he is going to join us if Dabi and Toga keep doing that to him! This isn't what Stain wanted!" The lizard screams out angrily.

"All in time Spinner. How many times do I have to keep telling you this? There are things we must do in order to achieve our goals. There are sacrifices we must make in order to succeed."

"Hmph." Spinner slumps back into his chair, looking to the side.

At that, Shigaraki walks across the room, to the stairs leading up to the second floor. He leaves the group and heads to the old bar on the second floor. He can hear the sound of a fist hitting a body as he walks up the stairs.

In the middle of the room lays a boy with blonde hair. His hands are clamped together to prevent him from activating his quirk. His body is bloody and bruised. His left eye is covered in a bandage, courtesy of Kurogiri, in order to stop him from bleeding to death. Toga had slashed his eye less than an hour ago and now Dabi, his own body littered with scars as well, beat the boy.

Bakugo had tried to resist, resulting in Dabi burning his thigh. His blue flames destroying the skin and muscles on Bakugo's thigh. And even though Dabi then proceeded to beat, and punch and kick Bakugo as hard as he could, the only pain Bakugo could feel was the burn on his thigh and the knife wound on the left side of his face.

"Enough." Shigaraki says to the black haired man.

Dabi backs away from Bakugo, his knuckle covered in Bakugo's blood. "Yeah, whatever. I just about done with him anyway." Dabi bends down at Bakugo and spits on him. "So you wanna join us now or you want me to beat you again?"

"Fuck you." Bakugo says, blood seeping out of his mouth.

"What the FUCK did you say to me?" Dabi screams out angrily.

"Enough!" Shigaraki says impatiently, grabbing Dabi's shoulder with one hand and scratching his neck with the other. "You and Toga aren't to harm him anymore unless I say so."