Hello Death? It's me, Destiny.

"I am a nobody who fell in love with misery, that's how it has always been."

"Misery, it's a hell of a place to be in."

"I don't know anywhere or anything else, I've met Misery once and that was all it took for me to be who I am today,' she said.

"Some would say you are Misery itself," he said.

"So maybe I am in love with myself!"

"But you hate yourself," he pointed out.

"I do, I am a nobody who fell in love with Misery, that's how it has always been and that is what I want others to feel. I don't know how to act around people, at least not like you do. How do you do it anyways? If I am Misery, you are Desolation," she said back, looking at them, with pain in her eyes.

"Remember the day I took you?"

"I do."

"You told me you hated Destiny, for they had made you like this." 

"I recall," she nodded. 

"Are you waiting for someone to be as miserable as you and take your place?" He asked.

"No."

"Then why make everyone miserable?"

"Not everyone's Destiny is to suffer, there are happy go lucky people going around, those, those make the miserable motherfuckers feel even worse than I!" she exclaimed.

They laughed softly, "you were a nobody who fell in love with misery and in that pain you found me, do you ever regret it?"

"No."

"You know, I have compassion for them, I don't wish them pain," they smiled. 

"But you are pain," she replied.

"So are you, and yet one of us wishes they didn't inflict what they are whilst the other wants to inflict despair and misery. We are different and that's the reason we work. The only thing is, I'm inevitably painful and you, you are a lesson to be learned, if you are considered at all."

"The day you took me, did you know? My Destiny?" she inquired.

"There was no Destiny before you, only me. And the only thing for certain was myself," they said.

"So you were Destiny, you still are. Why bring me along?"

"Well, you were a nobody who fell in love with misery, and I am a nobody who is misery itself. I felt in your last moments you wanted more, so I offered my world and you took it."

"Do you mean you love me?" she teased.

"I mean...I saw myself-"

"And how do you see yourself, Death?"

"Lonely and in misery."