II. To Theo

**I was inspired to write about a strong, unmovable love after watching Yuuri! ON ICE. After i finished writing the story i realised the characters were inspired by Yuri and Victor :)**

In a black dark alley, a heartbreaking scene unfolded under the moon's spotlight. High up and blue she shined over a dying man's face. He was smiling, trying to at least, as to not hurt the one who was turning the dagger in his stomach. His smile, compassionate and sweet turned into a roar of agony. Tears welled up and he could not see what was in front of him, which he hated. "I want to see his face one more time," he thought, "just one more time, please". Before him was the man he loved, looking desperate.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm sorry" he sobbed as he rested his head over the dying man's shoulders.

The strength was steadily leaving his body, but still, he tried to reach out to him. Slowly, he lifted his arms and grabbed the sobbing man's face, gently, he wiped the tears and smiled.

"Derek, stop." he pleaded.

"You, love, – you made life wonderful. We fought it. Fate. We really did! We even fell in love trying to fight it.

But alas, it would always end like this, for this right here -" he stopped and coughed, ruby-tinted blood. With both hands he grabbed Derek's face and looked straight into his eyes, eyes full of love, "this is destiny," he continued. Caressing his murderers head with his last breath he mumbled, "don't cry - its okay."

The strength had finally left him and his arms gave in, falling harshly beside his body, his head dropped over his lover's shoulders. Now, all that was left was dead weight that slipped down the wall. Crying, unable to see, Derek slowly laid him down, still feeling the warmth of his body, of the blood running through his fingers.

The night was noisy, sirens were approaching and with the sound of gunshots still ringing in his ears, he decided to flee. Anxiously and very clumsy he yanked a ring from the dead man. Now he was finally on the run, leaving behind the only person he ever loved as if there were nothing, no one, just one more man in a dark alley in a city full of thieves.

He could not stop, he didn't want to either. Running his legs hurt and the cold wind was like razors to his nose and throat. The tears were freezing on his cheeks and the warmth of the blood had finally left. The dagger, with his name on it, was left behind in the body at the crime scene. He knew it did not matter, someone would clean up after him, probably steal what they would think is an ordinary knife and anything else right off of a dead body. That was how things worked around the city. He ran and ran without a thought in his mind. If he stopped at all, he knew, all the images would come and flood his bran in an instant. He wished he never had to do that. The soles of his feet started to burn and his calves started to contract, he could not stop crying and was out of breath, and his head started to feel light.

Sudden emptiness.

The city sounds were far far away and he was surrounded by trees that opened a path for the blue moon to shine. Worn out he placed his hands over his knees trying not to fall. Now, he could see his red hands and started desperately to wipe them off. Or at least try. It was a failed attempt for the blood was now dry. Falling to his knees he aggressively tried to wipe his hands on the humid grass. It was in vain once again. And the images flowed and flooded his brain. Agony, there was no other word to describe what he was going through at the moment. The sudden realisation made his heart a thousand pounds heavier and the air around him felt thinner and thinner. Even though he had stopped running and was able to catch his breath, he felt as if he were suffocating. The images and the memories were mixing and flashing before his eyes as if he were the one dying.

**to be continued**

an undeniable love like yuri and victor but make it sad