Enemies- Frank Perconte

I got along with everyone in Easy company, except for one person. That person was Frank Perconte. We never saw eye to eye. There was never a minute where we weren't fighting. I can't say that the Italian didn't catch my attention.

I sat freezing in my foxhole in Bastogne as shelling went off. I was waiting for the cry for a medic. My ears were ringing from the shrill sound of the Kraut artillery.

"Medic!" was the first thing I heard when the shelling stopped. I grabbed my bag and jumped out of my foxhole. "Yell again," I told myself. I followed the cry's and found Skinny lying on the ground with Perconte.

I kneeled down next to Skinny and saw the massive wound on his leg. I wrapped my arms around his shoulder. "Grab his legs," I ordered Perconte. We rushed to the nearest jeep, but Perconte slipped and took all of us down.

"You got blood on my trousers," Frank whined. "Do you hear yourself right now Frank. Are you really gone blame him, it's not his fault," I snapped. "Your really gonna take his side." I sighed.

"Are you gonna let me bleed out or stop your lovers quarrel?" Skinny asked. We picked him back up and took him to the nearest jeep. Eugene was ready to help Skinny.

As I walked back to my foxhole, got the feeling someone was following me, but I shrugged it off. I continued walking when some called my name. "Y/L/N!" I turned around and was met with Frank running up to me. "What do you want," I seethed. Frank was small, but I was slightly smaller than him, so it felt like he was still towering over me. "I just wanted to say-," but shelling started going off for the second time that night. "Shit," I mumbled, and pulled Frank into my foxhole with me.

He lost his footing and landed on top of me. I yelped in surprise, and Frank chuckled. I felt my cheeks heat up, but it's not like you could tell.

Frank cupped my cheek and pulled my head towards his. Our lips grazed momentarily. Everything around us seemed to stop. I pulled him closer to me to deepen the kiss, if that was even possible. When Frank pulled away, the sounds of shelling had stopped. No one cried for a medic, so I stayed put where I was.

Frank pulled me back in for another kiss. This one seemed more desperate than the last. The first was sweet, loving, but this one proved how deprived of love Frank was. We broke the kiss when we heard someone whistle. I looked up at the entrance of the foxhole, and saw Richard and George standing above us.

"I told you. Now give me my money," George said sticking his hand out. I turned my head away as I started blushing. Frank chuckled. "You know, Skinny called us lovers. I'd like to think about us that way," Frank whispered in my ear. "Okay," I replied.

Frank turned back to look at the growing crowd of men above my foxhole. Frank didn't have to say anything and they got the message . They all quickly turned on their heels and walked in the direction of their foxholes. "How long do you think it's gonna take for them to fuck each other?" I heard George ask one of the men of Easy company. I put my face in my hands and laughed.

"We could do that now if you want," Frank teased. "Frank!" you shouted, slapping him on the chest.