chap 10: the wedding

Too often, the only escape is to sleep.

     L I L A R H

******

"Ahhss jaddatie"I shriekes "It's painful I'm tired" I cried out to my grandma

"Wallahi Azeem lilarh come back before I catch you there"

"I knew it's only one layer of skin remain on my body now"

The wedding is just a week to go, Jaddatie grandma Noora and the rest of my mother's relatives,even my mum cousin sister who's residing in Kaduna have came but unfortunately ya Jamal is absent he is writing exam,and since that three days my skin is on fire.

I haven't even stepped my foot outside the house compound since they arrived.
Jaddatie is hellbent on making up for those thirty days of skincare that I missed,she came together with esthetician all the way from Mauritania To beautify my skin .
The moment she apply the halawa paste on my skin and wipe it off it's feel like she peal out my skin,my skin is soft and hairy which add to it painfulness, But I really like the outcome cause is so smooth and more flawless than before,i feel like a new born baby that I'm often touching my face

I know I sound crazy but getchhh

"You are such a coward bride can't you endure this just for your husband so he can stop rubbing his hand on your skin you wanted us to take you to your house with a rough skin" Jaddatie said

"Jaddatie my skin is smooth and flawless enough I endure that alot fah"I pouted

At the end she give up because I ran away she can't do anything about except to wait for tomorrow,I know I can get away with that.

+++

"Go fresh up lilarh so we can be out early before they arrived"Amira said when she enter my room and saw me on my bed.

Today the Kayan lefe will be deliver by the groom's family.
So as per traditions I shouldn't be home so me and my friends plan on spending our day out chilling and then carrying out some errand.

"Okay I'll go"I sighed,I went to the bathroom and showered,get dressed

We about to go when I heard the voice I have been craving to hear called me " My fashionista"
And definitely he's the only person that call me that after my parents

"Ya Farouq" I ran and engulfed him in bone crushing hug,I know it's not good but I can resist.

"It's now that you remember me"

"I'm really sorry ya Farouq I'm just carried away by some things"

"Yeah I can see you're busy preparing your wedding that I don't have any idea about it"he said sarcastically

"Please don't make me feel more guilty that I'm"

"Okay I'll let that go because 'Amarya Bata laife' right" he said quoting the Hausa adage with his accent which make me laugh.

"When did you arrive"

"Just now"

Ya Farouq is my cousin, uncle Ismail son,elder brother to Safiyya and Rufaida,he is really caring and loving brother. Apart from my uncle he's the only one that make my stay in this house endurable.
He is there to comfort me when ever I need him,we play, talk and other unnecessary things together.he is the only one I tell my problem to apart from Zainab.that girl know me more than I Know my self.