Chapter 2

The rest of the week went uneventful. Obviously we won the rest of our games that week. Friday came. And I love Fridays, especially in the fall. Not only is it the last day of the week, but that also means a pep rally and a football game. I love football.

For the pep rally to begin, the cheerleaders, dance team, and color guard create a aisle, sort of. Anyway, I always stand right behind the football team. All the athletes sit together. This time was different though. David, one of the offensive linemen sat in front of me. Rider walks up to where he's sitting.

"Get your ass up." He says quite pleasantly for giving him an order.

"Why?" David asks mockingly innocently.

"Does it matter? I'm captain. Get. Your. Ass. Up. Now." And David walks away.

Rider sits down. Not two seconds later, he turns around and winks. What the hell? I can feel the stares of the cheerleaders. Okay then. Weird.

The pep rally continues. Yay. Everyone's pumped.

"We're gonna kick Clanton High's ass!" One of the football players yells in a rare moment of silence. Everyone laughs and starts chanting "Manta Rays" which is so original.

Then the games begin. I should mention, football is a pretty big deal, as is volleyball. Football is number 4 in the state, and volleyball is second. Everyone has school colors on, light blue and white. Brooklyn, Cali and I have black streaks under our eyes, and we're all wearing football jerseys from the players. Tradition. I somehow got stuck with Riders. The football players shoved it at me, saying something about it being funny that we have the same number.

"You look good in my jersey, Emory." Rider smirks at me.

"You look good under a bus Calloway." I retort, not being able to hide my smile.

"Damn, Sterling. That burned. But smile more. Looks good on you." And he turns towards his team to begin the games.

Unfortunately, we have to wear the jersey to the football game. So here I am, in Rider Calloway's jersey. At halftime, were already kicking their asses 28-0. That just makes it that much more fun for all of us.

Coach Jenkins made us a deal. Every time we won by 35 points or more, we were allowed to have a party in the stadium. But we had to have it clean by Monday morning. And we had to be gone by 3 in the morning. We won 56-7. There was going to a rager in the stadium tonight.

Once the players come out about an hour and a half after the game was over, they were showered with congratulations and adoration. We had music blasting from the sound system in the press box, and someone had somehow gotten a keg into the stadium.

Cali had a curfew, so she was gone not long after the party started. Me and Brooklyn were dancing, but Trystin Jones, a wide receiver had taken her away from me and they were now dancing. I went over to the keg and grabbed one of the bottles of water next to it.

"You can keep my jersey." I hear behind me.

"I just might. I need a new shirt to use for my next bonfire." I deadpan, and turn to look at Rider, who already has a buzz.

"Dammit, Calloway. You're drunk aren't you?"

"Had to be. It's a party, and Kayla finally dumped me. What else should I do?"

"How about go home? We have a long day tomorrow. I hope you're ready." I give him my best determination face.

"Not going to spend a lonely Friday night at home. Wanna come to my place?" He smirks.

"You are such a jackass you know that. Do I look like a fucking rebound to you? Damn. I though got you weren't a terrible guy. Boy was I wrong." I turn around to find Brooklyn and tell her I'm leaving.

On the way to my car, Rider spins me around.

"Shit. Sterling. I'm so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. I don't think you're a rebound. I think you're a pretty kick ass girl, to be honest. I don't want you to think of me as that kind of guy, and I want to prove that to you. Tomorrow. 8 am. My house? I'll have an awesome fucking breakfast waiting for you."

I nod. "Alright Calloway. Don't get all girly on me. You drove yourself didn't you? Get in my car."

"Alright." We walk over to my car, a Gator blue Dodge Journey.

"Be careful. This is my baby. One scratch, and I'll kick your ass." I say with the major serious face I can come up with.

He busts out laughing. "Thank god I'm not drunk, or I probably would have taken that threat seriously."

Before he can even think, I'm to him. I land a punch right to his a gut.

"Holy shit Sterling, you hit like a man."

"My dad and brothers trained me well."

"No shit."

"Get in the damn car, Calloway, or I swear I'll hit you again, except lower." That got him moving real quick.

When we pull up to his house, he turns to me, and in his girliest voice says to me, "It was sooo sweet of you to take me home. I'll pay with a kiss," and starts making kiss face noises and leaning towards me. I smack him in the side of the head.

"I don't know that I can walk up to my house. I may not be drunk, but I definitely had too many drinks."

I hop out of the car, and help up to his house, which is a gorgeous two story beach house. Caribbean blue, with a white front door and shutters.

When we make up the steps and to the door, he turns towards me. "Thank you. Really. For taking me home. I might be a little buzzed, but I know what I'm doing." He leans in and really quickly pecks my cheek.

"Thank you Sterling. Breakfast here tomorrow. Don't be late." And he's inside and the door is shut.

"Shit."

Author's Note: Picture is who I cast as Brooklyn.(: