22

Hey my loves, how are you all doing? Miss me? Miss Alhaji and his baby? I hope you enjoy this chapter. There so much for your enjoyment in it.

Please don't forget to vote and comment. May God bless you as you do.

"The fish has taken the bait, sir." Alhaji was sitting crossed legged in the den of his hotel suite in Geneva, wishing he was in his laboratory, not reading a journal in a cold dreary country far away from the warmth of his family. He raised his head to Elijah who was dressed already in a chocolate brown suit that put his assistant in a class of his own.

"Really? It didn't take that long." Elijah nodded, pushing towards his boss an ipad with a video playing. Alhaji shook his head as he watched the employee in question go into the laboratory, take Alhaji's notes and dash out just as quickly. The employee had forgotten that from the doorknob to even the place where the note was placed was supervised by cameras.

"I love how this is going. We'll find out who sent him soon enough won't we?" Elijah nodded with a small laugh, taking back the iPad to do other things on it.

About an hour later, Alhaji got up, stretched delicately, then began to wear extra layers on his dress shirt and woolen suit trousers, he wore the suit jacket, a black trench coat to complement the black patterned suit he had on, then he wrapped a dense knitted scarf around his neck, leaving no space for the frigid air to get into his body.

Just as he finished dressing up, his phone rang, he walked back to the coffee table and picked the phone up, swiping immediately he saw the caller ID.

"Assalamualaikum, sir. I'm just calling to report that Ms Surayyah Aminu Abbas was just escorted off the premises of Diezemane Hospital. She tried to assault Miss Muhammad Shinkafi, but was assaulted by Miss Nadia's friend instead and before being escorted off the premises." Alhaji put his free hand on his face in second hand embarrassment.

"Thank you for the information, I'll ask Elijah to speak to you soon." The call ended just like that, Alhaji slowly exhaled, he was getting tired of his ex-wife and her antics, and if not for his children, and setting a good example for them, he would have cut her off totally.

Now he understood the importance of having children with good people and good people from good families. A person could manage a bad spouse, bad inlaws however were unmanageable. Surayyah was a result of bad parenting, insufferable family members and a sense of entitlement that didn't go away with age.

He called the culprit, frowning when he heard the dial tone that suggested the phone was turned off. He called again while he waited for Elijah to round up a call, then he sent a text to Nadia, apologizing for the intrusion. Nadia texted back almost immediately saying she was fine but the hospital was thinking of pressing charges before his ex-wife did.

That's a good idea, it will teach her never to try raising her hands on another again. He texted back with a grim smile. He called his ex wife again, when her number set off a dial tone, Alhaji was a little concerned so he motioned for Elijah who just wrapped up his call.

"Immediately you can, get us new rooms or a suite, we need to move out of here by the time we return." Elijah nodded and immediately went to his iPad, fired off a few emails doing just exactly as his boss had said.

They both walked out the door, meeting the Nigerian permanent secretary of the ministry of health in the elevator. Alhaji greeted the older man, then they were transported to the lobby about ten floors down.

They stepped into the lobby and met other members of the Nigerian entourage, they all greeted Alhaji and the permanent secretary and soon began to pile into long buses, Alhaji's car was at the very end of the line so he waited with with a director in the ministry of health that he knew.