In Which Teru and Mob Have a Sleepover

A fluffy, very very light angst, one shot. The boys are just being sweet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     The moonlight filtered into the apartment, gently illuminating the bed in which two teen boys slept. Well, one of them slept; Mob was out, breathing deeply and evenly, the blanket rising and falling with each breath. Teru wasn't watching him, per se, he just happened to still be awake and laying facing the other boy. Three years he had been nursing these feelings, and laying this close was both amazing and saddening in equal measure.

     Teru sighed. He couldn't be sure he would go to sleep anytime soon. He wondered what Kageyama was dreaming about. It seemed to be peaceful enough, a neutral expression on his face. But, as soon as he thought that, his expression contorted, eyebrows furrowing, mouth crinkling into a frown. Ah, was it less happy now? I hope his dream gets better...

     It didn't. At least, Teru thought it didn't. Mob frowned a little more, hands clenching into fists around the blanket. Some of the things around Teru's apartment began to float. A nightmare?

     "Hey, Kageyama..." Teru put his arm around Mob, pulling him slightly closer to him. Almost instantly, everything floating dropped into their original positions. Mob's eyes shot open, tears glistening in the corners, reflecting the moonlight.

     "Oh, sorry, did I wake you up?" Mob asked, voice soft, barely a whisper.

     "Don't worry about me, I'm fine. Were you having a nightmare?"

     "Ah, that," Mob looked away. He had never been too good at eye contact. "I have nightmares sometimes. It's fine, I'm used to it."

     "That's... Kageyama, that's almost worse." He began gently rubbing Mob's shoulder with his thumb in a comforting motion, and Mob moved closer to him, putting his own arm around Teru and his head against his chest.

     "No, no, it's fine, really. Go back to sleep, Hanazawa, I'm okay."

     "I- I guess if you don't wanna talk about it, it's fine, but... I wanna know what's bothering you."

     Mob shook his head. "I promise I'm fine, okay? Besides, you have things bothering you. I can tell."

     "I mean, I suppose but-" Teru felt his pulse quicken, heart pounding a little in his chest. "That's besides the point here. You had the nightmare, not me."

     Mob moved back, returning his head to the pillow to once again look at the other boy. Neither, however, moved their arms, and remained close together, noses almost brushing.

     "So there is something," Mob whispered. "You can tell me, I won't tell anyone else you don't want me to."

     Teru could almost laugh. "Kageyama, you've gotta be kidding me! If you don't wanna talk I won't make you, but you should go back to sleep if that's the case."

     The other boy was quiet again for several heartbeats, and Teru thought he had gone back to sleep. Then, breaking the silence-

     "Have you ever dealt with a possession, Hanazawa?"

     He was taken aback by the sudden question, and it took him a moment to respond.

     "Ah, no, I haven't. I have exorcized spirits before, but that isn't what you're talking about, is it?"

     Mob shook his head again, and took a deep breath. "I have."

     Another silence filled the air, neither boy so much as breathing too hard. Teru was going to speak, though he was cut off.