Chapter 3

Alador was just with Odalia, as he had told Darius a few hours ago. In the beginning Odalia had told him something he hadn't understood, so he just nodded in agreement and signed the piece of paper she had handed him.

He didn't know what it was about, maybe she wanted to give him something. Whatever it was, he didn't understand why Darius was so suspicious about Odalia.

She was friendly the whole time and pointed out things he had done wrong before, really sweet of her! He noticed that he spent less time with Darius, but as Odalia put it, he was probably the wrong influence. Alador learned that you could have fun with Odalia too, although she tended to fix him on some sort of text and little work with Abomination goo.

She often asked him if he could shape certain things and it was fun to show Odalia this. He spent a few hours with her, worked with her on something again, it was probably a game, but Alador didn't really know either.

When he got home everything was the same as it had been since he had known Odalia and seen her more often, he ate dinner, did his homework and went to bed. He didn't have time for more anymore.

The next morning he went to school, met Odalia on the way there and a short time later Darius joined them. He greeted them both, but then tended to stick to Odalia, at least until he and Darius had Abomination classes together.

Since they were the top two in the Abomination class, they finished quickly and had free time. Darius finally chuckled a bit and put goggles on Alador from Abomination Goo. Alador laughed and gave Darius an abomination hairdo.

The two giggled and then took their Abomination Goo back, Alador's laughter dying. That's why Darius became calmer and looked questioningly at his friend, who sighed a little. "I shouldn't do that...Odalia says it cuts you off."

Darius rolled his eyes. "Don't always listen to her. Do what you enjoy ma-" Alador cut him off, "I don't know why you don't like her, but she didn't do anything. Odalia is right about what she says." "Don't you see? You're just saying what she wants to hear again."

"Yes, maybe because what she says is right!" Darius took a deep breath. "Golden Guard says that-" "If according to you I only listen to Odalia, then why do you only listen to him?" "Because he knows what he's saying-" "Odalia knows, too!" "Yes, but not the way it should be!" Darius argued.

It rang loudly for the break. "You don't even know what you're saying!" Alador grabbed his bag and stormed off. Darius stayed behind, offended, before deciding to look for him. But he didn't find him or Odalia....not even at their usual meeting places....

"Hey Darius, everything alright?", he suddenly heard a voice and when he turned around he saw Raine and Eda next to him. Darius nodded slightly. "Alador and I had a fight and now I can't find him and Odalia anymore..."

Eda considered. "Maybe he just needs a little time." Darius nodded, hoping she was right. "Shall we do something until you find him again?" Raine then suggested and Darius agreed with thanks. So he followed Eda and Raine and talked to them for a while. Unfortunately he didn't see Alador or Odalia until the end....

Later in the day Darius went back to the Emperors Castle, where he met Eberwolf again. "Oh hello Eberwolf...", Darius greeted him and got some sounds back as an answer. "Well then, Eber.", he finally smiled. Eber made noises again and looked questioningly at Darius. Darius sighed.

"Today was a strange day...." again some sounds and this time Darius nodded in agreement. "OK." The two started to run through the castle to find Golden Guard. Neither of them belonged to the coven so it was sometimes difficult for them to find him, but Darius was lucky to have Eber at his side who seemed to know the way better than himself.

He missed the fact that Eber probably had a better nose. Eventually, they finally arrived at the part of the castle that was the Golden Guard's private quarters. When they got to his room, it was quiet, but Darius could tell he was inside anyway. It was often quiet around his room.

The older one spent a lot of his free time reading books, taking notes from them or writing a journal himself. When Darius finally knocked, a clear "Come in" could be heared, whereupon he and Eber entered the room. In fact, Golden Guard was sitting at his desk with some books in front of him, however he appeared to be writing in his journal.

His mask was on the table next to him and the two children could see the scar on his face and the light blond hair falling cheekily over his face. "Well you two. Is something?" the young man asked and turned to them. Darius looked at Eber before looking at Golden Guard. "I- well, we wanted to ask if you could take us through the castle again. We still don't know our way around that much."

Darius murmured, thinking about how many times they got lost on their way here. Eberewolf made affirmative noises. Golden Guard chuckled a bit before nodding. "Of course, then come." He got up from his chair and put the golden mask and hood back on, closing the books before he left his room with the children. So they went through the castle, but of course it didn't escape Golden Guard that this wasn't the only reason for this tour.

He looked over his shoulder at Darius before falling back a step to walk alongside him and Eber. "So what's going on?" He asked Darius, since it wasn't the first time he saw darius like this. The boy avoided the older man's gaze a bit before he sighed and looked over at him again. "Well...it's because of school...Alador has kind of become more isolated since Odalia has been around and we fight a lot more..."

Golden Guard listened to him carefully. "Try not to be provoked into arguments, stay calm and above all don't let her snatch him away from you." Darius blushed in surprise before looking up at his mentor and shaking his head. "That's not the reason."

Golden Guard ruffled something over his head. "Of course not." Eberwolf giggled. "And why are you only talking to me and Eber about it? You don't seem to have a good relationship with your parents, do you?" the older one asked and Darius nodded.

"Not really...but you're always there for me...and I know you're listening and giving advice and cheering me up, well Eber kinda now too." Golden Guard smiled softly under the mask, maybe a little sadly. "You know, I can relate to how you feel..." he then began. Darius widened his eyes in surprise. "For real??" The older one nodded.

"Yeah you know I hardly know my parents anymore, I only have blurry pictures of them, it's more like they just raised me to get into the Emperor Coven as soon as possible and well I've been training for Belos right hand man ever since because that's what he wanted from the start. Most of the Coven Heads aren't exactly open, I'm happy if at some point maybe a younger generation replaces them, especially Terra, although I have the feeling that she could live forever."

He shook himself with a laugh and both boys had to grin as well. "I heard that." Terra suddenly growled in person and the three of them spun around to face her. "You really should be swapped out," she muttered to herself as she pushed past Golden Guard and down the next available aisle.

When she was gone, the three laughed. "Maybe that's why she doesn't like us." Darius said with a smile on his face. "As long as we don't end up as her statues," added Golden Guard. Darius smiled softly. "That will never happen." "Yeah you're right.", answered Golden Guard