THREE - Bus Ride Tunes

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

Music was one of Juniper's ways of blocking out the world, especially in the mornings when things were so chaotic. Which was almost every day as of late.

Juniper changed into her uniform, deciding that she would be wearing a school vest over her tie and button-up. The lyrics to her music faded into the background, while she walked out of her room and downstairs to the kitchen.

Both her parents were in the middle of a conversation, and neither of them seemed pleased with the topic. The young teen entered the kitchen slowly and grabbed her lunch from the counter, seizing the attention of the two adults.

They sent her a sweet smile, upon noticing her presence. Their irked expressions were now, almost nonexistent. Her father gestured for her to pull her headphones down so she could hear. June, let out a sigh but did as instructed.

Her parents smiled gratefully and her father broke the silence."Morning sweetheart." 

"Morning." Juniper responded briefly not wanting to prolong the conversation, stuffing the lunch box into her bag.

"Sleep well?" The wavy-haired girl glanced up at her parents, noticing how her father had wrapped his arm around her mum's waist.

The teen looked back down at her bag and zipped it up before throwing the backpack on. When she returned her gaze the arm was gone and the two adults watched the teen expectantly.

"Yup." Before either parent could blink Juniper was walking out of the kitchen with her headphones back on. Their farewells barely went heard, merely muffled noises in the background of her music. Juniper was quick to mutter thanks, before reaching the front door of the house.

"Hey." A head of silver was the first thing Juniper saw as she left her house. Her brother RJ leaned against the side of the railing of the steps.

"Why are you just waiting out here? Isn't mum giving you a ride?" Juniper lowered her volume to listen to her brother's response.

"She was, but as you saw, those two probably won't be leaving the kitchen any time soon." Her brother was right there was no reason for RJ to wait for their parents, it would just be a waste of time.

The brunette wrapped her arm around RJ's neck and locked him in a headlock to ruffle his hair for a second that day. "Well come on, taking the bus is so much better anyway."

The younger boy groaned in annoyance, as he attempted to get out of his sister's grip. "Okay, okay. Just stop messing up my hair."

Once RJ was free he racked his hands through his silver hair making an effort to rejuvenate the natural state of his hair. Juniper liked her younger brother's dyed hair it suited him. Plus she helped him dye it and was glad it turned out well and didn't do any damage to his hair.