Chapter 2

I look down at the body of a dead vampire lying in front of me. All you could see were brutal bite and slash marks all over the body and a massive hole in the chest. I look down at myself. I'm entirely covered in blood. Any injuries would have healed by now, but I have an idea that none of the blood is probably mine anyway. The sweet metallic taste of his blood is still fresh in my mouth. There is seriously no kind or number of chains that can hold me. No matter what I've done to prevent it, I always managed to escape. Hunt. And kill... 

My name is Steve Doe and I'm a werewolf. I'm a bit taller than your average guy, fit with tan skin, blue eyes, and dark brown, almost black hair that's short and lightly ruffled. I've just been kicked out from my hometown a few weeks ago. I've just been wondering around to find a new place to go now since. I was basically an abandoned orphan though. Just a child left on the steps of a stranger's house at only 3 years old... I have no memory of my true parents, but the family who took me in did their best to raise and treat me as one of their own. Unfortunately, being a werewolf, I had to leave. They've seen my kind before and always found that when we mature at around 18 years old, we usually lose it and end up killing anything that comes into our sights when we turn. So, I don't blame them for kicking me out. I knew about it pretty early on. Plus, I know it's what's best for everyone there. I just need to find a place where I can learn to control myself... I've actually just been heading west from my old town since I left. Not sure exactly where to go. Until I found a torn note on the ground... I don't know why, but I went to pick it up. I inspected the damaged paper. All it had was -SC Boarding- written on it. I don't know what that is, but the scent of the note immediately caught my attention. It was faint. But more than enough to get me fully fixated on it and compelled to follow it and find the source. I know where I need to go now... I let my instincts take full control over me and I immediately started heading north. As I started running, I could instantly feel my body wanting to shift. Which is odd. I mean I only ever shift on the night of a full moon. Yet, here I am running as I feel myself really having to hold it back. This scent is making me act really strange. I can't help but follow it. I feel as if every part of my being needs me to find her. I can sense I'm at least a day or 2 behind by how faint the scent was by now. Luckily a perk of being a werewolf was that I was much fitter than humans and had a lot more stamina. I stopped holding back and felt myself shift into my wolf form. Tearing the straps on my bag as I did because I didn't take it off before shifting. Unlike the other times I shifted, this time I feel in control, and not only that, but I am in control. I focused on shifting back and as suddenly as I had become a wolf, I was human again. I could now control when I shifted! I didn't actually think that would work so easily. I focused on shifting and took on my wolf form again. As I am, I'm about 3 times the size of your average wolf, with piercing red eyes and a pitch-black coat. To anyone I must be quite the terrifying site if I had to think about it. I mean who wouldn't find it scary coming face to face with a massive wolf. At least this way though I'll be able to run faster than in my human form. My bag was a bit torn up now, but I guess I'll have to carry it in my mouth anyway. If the straps were intact, I don't think it would fit me in my current form in any case. So, I grabbed my bag in my mouth and looked up at my road ahead, before running as fast as I could. Heading north towards the scent. All I can do now is to focus on running and finding her...