Chapter 1 - Page 5

There was a short line at the entrance of the ship. At the end of the line stood Olive Iatricuo, the prettiest girl on campus. She's my crush, and oh boy, do I flare up when I see her. "Ooh, it's her!" Whitney taunted. I started to feel warm. "Dude, shut up!" I barked. The rest of my friends started laughing. I took a quick peek at Olive. She was giggling, talking to a taller girl. Wait, what the? Why is she talking to Sora?

Ugh, Sora Watcher, she freaks me out. I mean, she is the freak of the school.
Then again, why would Olive want to hang around her? I shouldn't think about this too much. 

My friends and I joined the line. We called ourselves the Dangers. Others call us that too. We're pretty popular in the school because Whitney and Rodney are popular love interests for some students. While I was in my head, Amelia managed to spark a conversation with Olive. "Hey, Dangers! How are you guys doing?" We replied with a good aura setting our intentions. We chatted until we got onto the ship, which wasn't long. The Cresttine was a large boat. It was large enough to carry 19 teenagers and six adults. "Alright, who's ready to get off the land and into the seas of Vele?" Mr Harp shouted. There was a mix of answers. No. Yes. Eeehhhhhhh. Sure. 

We had a little time to get used to the boat rocking. Rodney sure needed that. The poor guy suffers from sea sickness anytime he's in a sea vehicle. Emilyn faltered, "Hey Roddy, are you doing fine?" Rodney snarled, "Do I look like I am, Emilyn?" He then continued mumbling and choking up profanity. The Cresttine started to rumble as the engine turned on. It made a loud growling noise.

Soon enough, the Cresttine took off into the grand blue, with all of us teens, guards, and adults sailing.