Mission

Klaus was extremely confused at what she had just said "What?", was the only thing he could say. He slowly removed his hand from her waist and retreated a few steps back. This was the same distance both of them were always used to. 

Hayley just smirked and moved a few steps forward. Grabbed him by his tie and pulled him closer. She whispered into his ear "Do you think you can fool me, I can tell when you are not sleeping. I also saw you smiling yourself to glory when you turned towards the mirror". 

Klaus was shocked at the revelation but recovered quickly. He grabbed her by the waist again and said "I did not know you were such a good actor" "Well now you know and is this going to become something we normally do?". She said gesturing to his hand on her waist. 

"Maybe", she just shook her head playfully. He was a bit shocked at his reply but did not show and she felt the same way. They both were thinking about what is happening to them. Suddenly they realized someone was watching them. At the door, they saw Elizabeth and Esther. 

"Oh, mother" they both said and quickly moved very far from each other. "We were just..." but they were cut off by Esther "we know", she said with a teasing expression. "It is nothing like that we were just...", they started again. However this time they were ignored "Finally it is happening, these two have had so much chemistry since they were little kids, but being oblivious to it is something they have both excelled in" Esther said to Elizabeth.

"Looks like both of them have finally gotten some sense" the two ladies walked off laughing. Niklaus and Hayley looked dumbstruck at each other not understanding what their mother had just said. Nonetheless, it was enough to leave them flustered so they quickly walked out of the door. Hayley felt something tugging at her, she realized her dress had gotten stuck in Niklaus's shoe ornament. 

He quickly kneeled to remove it. Suddenly, the Mikaelson siblings walked in and they were in awe looking at the scene. "You spent one night with her and you're already proposing," said Kol with his signature smirk. They both looked up and Klaus quickly got the job done and they both left, saying shut up to Kol. 

All of them wondered what happened to them. "I think they are in that awkward situation where they both have realized their feelings for each but do not know what to do", Rebecka hypothesized. She was partially right. They had kind of realized that their relationship has changed over the last few days. 

However, neither of them was ready to admit they had feelings for each other. They just decided to keep their distance thinking that this change in their relationship would go away. This plan was not quite foolproof since they would start missing each other soon enough. They always had a thing for each other but always avoided but avoiding destiny is not so easy. 

Meanwhile, the conference room was filled with royals. They were here to discuss their progress with each pair. Once the room was vacated, it was inspected by them. They had gone in and noted their observations. Most rooms had a very normal setting with one sleeping on the couch. Surprisingly, only one room stood out. The bed looked messy and it looked like two had slept in it.

The pair was also spotted in each other's arms and the crowd was really happy. They were cheering like children still in school. Niklaus and Hayley were always loved individually, but most think they could be great rulers together. This charade just makes them and those who think otherwise realize it. 

While they were deciding their next plan of action the children were thinking about theirs. "We all know that yesterday's events were very suspicious. I think you all should look into that while we take care of Marcel", they all nodded at Hayley. "And Niklaus and I have decided to go through it alone since we think we work better alone", she continued. They were all about to argue but Klaus beat them to it "This is not up for discussion", another series of nods. 

"We leave at midnight, after giving our parents some excuse. We both will be back in three days, I do not think they will mind" Hayley finished. They all walked back to their assignments. All of them had no clue as to what happened. The use of Niklaus from Hayley's mouth hurt his feelings, but he did not show it. They both had spoken for a few minutes regarding the current arrangements. It seemed like both of them were planning to avoid their feelings for each other and had used the same method.

Hayley was not sure what she was doing. A feeling she has never been used to. She has always been sure about everything but he just makes her feel so uneasy in a way she has never felt before. She decided to just focus on the task and stop thinking about it. 

"So what is going on with you and Nik?" Rebecka brought her to reality. She shrugged and said "Absolutely nothing like always" "Please we all know you two are the ones who are to stubborn to admit it" "Look I need to focus on more important things right now than this bullshit", Hayley snapped. 

Rebeka just nodded and said "What do you need my help with", Hayley smiled. "I need a disguise" "Ahh you have come to the expert" "I know". The best friends joyfully went on their merry way. While Niklaus and Kol had gone into a heated conversation with each other. It all started with fun teasing from Kol but when he went on to state that Jake was a much better choice for Hayley since he had asked her out. 

That riled his older brother up so much that he screamed and threw a vase at the wall. Things had escalated too far so his brothers left him alone. Everybody knew about his temper and was petrified by it. They often found it best to leave him alone for a while so that he could calm himself down. 

There was only one person who could calm him down. The ones who were known to the fact were only Niklaus, Hayley, and Elijah. A few years ago Klaus had a rough week and was barely going through the day. He would snap at most trivial things. 

All of them were still finishing their schooling at the time so they attended the Royal Academy. There was one teacher hated by all and it was for a good reason. She was a very snobbish and arrogant person whose name was Mrs. Brown. That day she had given Niklaus and Hayley quite the lecture for fighting with each other, which was a common occurrence.

She berated them in the cruelest way possible. Then she hit Klaus's soft spot and called him weak and useless. Mrs. Brown went on to say that he would amount to nothing, which triggered him. He began to rise from his chair and was about to go off at her. This would have probably gotten him expelled. Thankfully Hayley saved him, and she quickly apologized to the teacher. While doing so she was holding his hand to calm him down.

To Klaus's surprise, he was no longer angry. They both walked out hand in hand leaving the teacher shocked. "You need to control your anger, that would have gotten you expelled" "I was having a bad day ok " "Control your mood nobody has only good days, if not then get happily expelled", she replied irritated. "Like you would care if I did" "I care a great deal, who would lose to me then?", she said with a smile and walked away.

 Causing Klaus to grin and little did he know that Elijah was watching the whole exchange in amusement. Thinking about that now he went to Hayley and told her what happened. "What do you want me to do?", she asked. "I have seen you calm him down", that was all he said before he walked away and stopped to say "He needs you". After which he left the room leaving Hayley in a conundrum.

She wondered if she should try to calm him down, is it her place too? Hayley walked toward his room and looked at it for a minute. Walked away after a bit...

A/N I hope you liked it, sorry it's a bit late. 

SORRY THIS WEEK'S CHAPTER WILL BE LATE