The Fallout

A/N- Before starting, please know that I would never condone cheating under the main character. Please read through the whole story and do not skip. 

Klaus went up to his room and walked to the window. He stared into the moonlight, this all felt extremely overwhelming. He had never once thought of marriage. Now he was a husband and the King of Europe.

On the whole, he knew that he was happy with these developments. While looking out he found a figure with a huge white dress like the bride. He looked on, curious as to what Hayley was doing.

Jake was with her and at that moment, the white figure kissed him. Klaus dropped his hand from the windowsill in shock. He watched as Jake pushed her away and went inside.

His wife had just kissed her previous lover. Klaus was fuming with anger. The betrayal hurt. He had never expected this from her. One thing he was sure of was her loyalty.

He punched the wall in anger. As his hand bled out, a tear escaped his eye. Frustrated at this feeling he went back to the hall to confront her. All his friends and family were dancing, happy about his marriage.

Klaus decided to talk to Hayley later on. Suddenly, she came from. He was curious how she managed it. The lady was at the front of the castle a minute ago. "How did you hurt your hand ?", she asked with an innocent expression.

It was returned with a cold expression, shocking Hayley. He was angry and she knew it. Without a response she took him near a table. Carefully started bandaging his hand. Klaus saw the care and wondered. It did not make sense, why show any care if she had no intention of making this marriage work?

She was having some torrid love affair. Later he presumed that he was probably just a way for her to become queen. Although, everything was hurting Klaus compartmentalized. He would show a lovely marriage to the world and their family.

Hayley observed knowing something was wrong but said nothing. After a while, the function had ended. "It's time", Rebekah said excitedly. "For what Rebekah, I am tired", Kol said while yawning. "Nothing for you to do idiot, it's for them. Nik you need to carry Hayley to your room", Rebekah smiled.

Both of them looked at each other awkwardly. Something was very wrong between them but only Niklaus knew why. For pretense, he picked up Andrea and started to walk towards their room. While she looked at him curiously knowing very well that something was wrong, she could see the sheer anger under his facade.

Once they were inside their sweet, Hayley asked him what was wrong. He did not give her a reply and continued to carry her to their bedroom. Carefully placed her on the bed and moved away. "Klaus, what is wrong? Why do you look so angry?", she asked him with a worried tone. 

His fist tightened, "WHY AM I ANGRY", he shouted feigning disbelief. "YOU DECIDE TO KISS YOUR LOVER ON THE DAY OF OUR MARRIAGE AND EXPECT ME TO BE OKAY WITH IT. YOU KNEW FROM THE VERY START EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED FROM OUR MARRIAGE- TRUST. WAS THAT TOO HARD FOR YOU ANDREA?

The use of Andrea hurt Hayley, but what hurt even more were the raw accusations. She was not one to simply cry, her temper was growing! She yelled, "DO YOU THINK I WOULD EVER DO THAT? DON'T YOU NOT KNOW ME? I WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO YOU. I KEEP MY PROMISES AND I DO NOT PLAY WITH PEOPLE'S EMOTIONS LIKE THIS!

"OH REALLY, WHO ELSE WOULD WEAR A WHITE DRESS ON OUR WEDDING DAY. IT WAS CLEAR AS DAY, YOU WERE KISSING HIM. IT IS A FACT AND IT MAKES HIM SICK!", Klaus countered. Hayley looked at him in disbelief and tried to defend her honor. Klaus stopped her, "NO DEAR WIFE THERE IS NOTHING YOU COULD SAY TO DEFEND YOURSELF. WE SHALL PRETEND LIKE WE ARE IN A BLOSSOMING RELATIONSHIP FOR OUR FAMILY, ALONE YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME. IF YOU CONTINUE THIS AFFAIR OF YOURS, YOU WILL REGRET IT! HOPEFULLY, YOU CARE ENOUGH FOR YOUR FAMILY AT LEAST AND DO THIS HONESTLY." 

Klaus finished off with indifference, while Hayley shook her head in defeat. Hurt was quite prevalent on her face but she steeled her eyes and just nodded. Taking the quilt of the bed she slept on a sofa while Klaus did the same with the other one. 

Moonlight shined in through their open window as a single tear glistened in each of their eyes. Something had shattered internally, leaving various questions about the solidarity of their very recent marriage. 

On the other side of the castle, Rebekah was returning to her room. Stefan and she had a fun time at the wedding. Dancing and laughing was a common ritual during their meetings. With him she felt free and loved at the same time. The care he offered was very clear in his actions. 

Rebekah was contemplating talking to Klaus and Hayley about it. While walking she caught a weird sight. "Um Caroline, why are you walking around in a white dress and a brown wig in hand?", she questioned. "um...oh...a... this is for my wedding, my parents purchased it...ah yes." "Huh, it looks awfully like Hayley's, you might want to reconsider", Rebekah said looking at her weirdly. 

"Ah yes...I will let them know, thank you", Caroline nodded and left the scene. Rebekah found that very weird. She decided to look into it later and retired to bed. 

A/N- Some angsty scenes are coming up, let us see how our prime couple manages. I am extremely sorry for being so irregular, will try to be as consistent as I can!