Chapter Two: Awkward Turtle

Chapter Two:

Silver

Sighing, I give myself a small pep talk as I pull into the car park of Californian Beach public High School.

What kind of name is that for a school?

Like, seriously.

And why is the word beach included?

Obviously, I have entered a school run by a bunch of airheads who can't even name it right. Removing, the sunglasses from my eyes I take it all in, this is it, the school I will be attending for my senior year.

The school itself looks like something from a typical American movie with a giant bulletin board, bland red brick walls and a bright cheery logo which features a giant, blue crab.

I can kind of see why the crab's there because of the beach in the name and everything but why's it blue?

What's wrong with this place?

I can't believe my parents have the audacity to send me to a public school, I'm not extremely snobby but I've heard bad things about these places.

I don't feel like being stabbed today.

Taking a deep breath through the nose I jump out of my baby or in other words my car. She's a white Audi R8 spider and I love her like a mother loves her child.

Silvy Junior is my child.

My dad got me it for my birthday since I'd just passed my test and then when he'd forced me to move to California he had it transferred here.

Yes, I'm spoilt but I don't care!

As I walk away, locking my car as I go, I don't miss the looks of interest people throw my way. Rolling my eyes I ignore them all, public school idiots.

A bad first impression but I'm in a awful mood since I got lost on the way to my mothers condo yesterday and when I finally did get there she was nowhere to be found.

"Is she the new girl?"

"Damn, she's hot"

"I heard she's English"

"Isn't she Carl Lucas daughter? Wow she's lucky he's mega rich."

The whispers on the corridor never fail to surprise me, I mean how do they know who my parents are? I've barely been here for two minutes.

It's weird and creepy.

I hold my head high anyway I really don't care. I need to get to England ASAP! I'm already missing my best friends Sam and Honey along with everyone else.

I need to be home.

Maybe if I just get kicked out then my dad would see that I belong back at home or maybe I if I let my grades slip even more...

No, that could lead to summer school.

See I've always been a straight A student even though I had cheerleading and a packed social calendar I always made time to revise except of course after Charlie.

Stupid, stupid Charlie.

When I finally arrive at what I hope is the reception I walk in and over to a desk where a plump woman with golden hair sits. She looks up immediately when I enter into her view and gives me a wide smile showing off a set of very nice white teeth.

I like her already.

"Hello dear you must be the new student Silver Lucas. I'm Brenda! Heres your timetable and a map of the school." With that she hands me two pieces of paper which I take gratefully waiting for her to continue.