21

"Spend the night at my house?" Ashton offers.

"Yea, lemme just go home and get changed." I tell him.

So, after I dropped off Caroline, Dior, and Myles, I went home. Pulling into my driveway, I notice another car parked behind my parents'. I let out a sigh. That means my Uncle Jacob is here.

If he's here, that means alcohol is involved, and all three of them intoxicated is a recipe for disaster.

Getting out of my car, I walk along the pathway to get to the front door. I unlock it with my key before entering. Closing the door behind me, I head towards the kitchen, since the light is on.

As I get closer, all I hear is;

"Aye bruh, who the fuck decided that we stacking and doing doubles?!" Tyrell yells.

Welp, Uno isn't going in his favor.

"You nigga!" Jacob exclaims back.

"Now you mad you gotta draw 12 cards." I just know C.K. rolled his eyes as he said it, "Draw so we can continue."

I stand in the entrance. I watch Ty suck his teeth and then go to draw 12. Meanwhile, Christian sees me and acknowledges my presence.

"Hey Jaylen, how was the game?" He asks.

"Well our team won and-" I pause to show him the poster, "I got invited to Homecoming, so it was great."

"Hollon hollon...friends with benefits? Boyfriend?" Jacob interjects, voice growing more scandalous with each question. "What have I missed?"

After Ty gets his cards situated, he decides to join the conversation, "Oh nun, just Jaylen getting used like a toy by this white boy. He put a stop to it and had him running back. Now, they're at this point."

"Wow, that's a 180." Jacob states in disbelief.

"Yup," I nod, "Speaking of the white boy, can I go spend the night at his house?"

"Why? So he can go beat ya doonies down?" C.K. wiggles his eyebrows.

"DAD!" I exclaim with embarrassment.

"Gone on witcha fruity self." Ty follows up, as if he's not married to a man.

"Oh my God!" I run my hands over my face, "Yall are terrible."

"Uh huh and we better get to meet this white boy on Homecoming night." He tells me.

"And will." I respond.

I leave the kitchen, leaving them to their Uno game. Entering my room, the first thing I do is strip off everything before getting in the shower. I spend 30 minutes, shaving, cleaning myself out, and finally showering in the Warm Vanilla Sugar body wash. Once I rinse off, I turn the knob to end the shower. I get out and grab my towel from the railing. Drying myself off thoroughly, I then wrap the towel around my waist.

At the sink, I moisturize my face, brush my teeth and tongue, and gargle with mouthwash last. I walk back into my bedroom. Next, I lotion up my entire body. Then, I apply deodorant to my armpits. Afterwards, I put together an outfit quickly, which is a black tee, gray sweatpants, black socks, and black Nike slides. Lastly, I throw another outfit into my sleepover bag, along with essentials like deodorant, lotion, toothbrush, phone charger, durag, and gum.

Grabbing my phone, I leave my house again. I get back into my car. Turning it on, I sit there, wondering what do I wanna listen to right now. It's not giving City Girls or Megan...nor is it giving Lil Baby or Gunna...

A lightbulb appears in my head suddenly. I type in 'One of Dem Nights' by Moneybagg Yo and Jhene Aiko before playing it. Finally, I get to driving.

"I really love the way you love me,
It's the passion for me,
I know you the realest 'cuz you do anything for me."