Chapter 1: out of time, out of breath

I don't know where I was running. I just needed to run. My feet move one in front of the other as my breath cuts short, and my lungs burn. I can't stop now, I can't stop after... god damn it. stop it recluse just focus on - i thought as i conveniently tripped on a rock, and face planted into pure cold. As I picked up my head, I suddenly took notice of how cold I was. My fingers were freezing off the tip. And I was surrounded by some white puffy...stuff. I can't focus on that right now. I need to hide.
    Slowly, I got up, shivering and holding my arms close to keep any body warmth on me. After what seemed like a long walk, I found a nice tree to lay by- well most of these tall trees seemed to be the same. I sat down reluctantly, it's freezing and my breath isn't recovering. Maybe I should just...nap..here....

                        ~~~

    I felt my body come back to life. My eyes slowly opened as I yawned sitting up. I turned to my right to say morning to-.. Oh right. This..isn't a dream after all. Wait if this isn't a dream then-
    I panicked, noticing I'm not outside anymore. No fluffy white stuff or trees. I was in some...place. I don't know where yet, but it seems cozy. A bright blue couch with a TV and upstairs, and what seems to be a cup of...some hot beverage on the table in front of the couch. I picked up the mug carefully- "OW HOTHOTHOT-" I screamed as the mug burned my hand. What even IS this concoction?
    "Oh..hey you're awake. You know it's not a smart idea to sleep in the snow kiddo." I jumped, frightened by the sudden voice. Next to me, was...oh FUCK is that a- a- skeleton? I gotta get out of here. FAST. what if hes with-
    "You..alright there? You've been staring at me for quite a minute" this skeleton says just before i sprint up and head for the door. Wherever I am, I need to get out. I almost reached the door when-
    "Is that how you greet a new friend?" I blinked and he was there, in front of the door with that..smile. "Whatever you're scared of, I assure you you're safe here. I found you in the snow, shivering to death. I brought you to my brother and he insisted we take you in until we know you're okay so...stay for a bit. We won't be any trouble to ya." as he said that, i slowly lowered my guard. i ..don't know why but.. I feel like I can trust him. He has a different vibe other than from him.
    As I took in a breath, tears welled in my eyes and I ended up on the floor, sobbing. Everythings going too fast. I don't know what I'm doing. What am I going to do now?  I've never gone outside, I've never rebelled, but here I am. Free- i guess.
    "W-woah hey take it easy bud. Let's get back to the couch." he said as he helped me over to the couch I was previously on. As I sat down, he took off his jacket and wrapped it around me. It smelt weird but I accepted it. Not like I had nothing better to do. We sat in silence for a while as I slowly sobbed.
    "Whatever happened..I'm sorry. I'm Sans, Sans the skeleton." sans said as he held out a hand to me. I wiped the tears off my cheeks, and smiled. I held out my hand to shake as well. "I-im..well i guess my names recluse. Nice to meet you..sans"

—————————————————————————

and here we start our story!! thanks for taking the time to read ^^

i'll figure out a schedule to post soon, but atm i'm just posting all the chapters I have finished. let me know how often you wanna see me upload a new chapter!!

hope you have a great day!