My Not-so-Superpowered Girlfriend

Requested: Anonymous
Genre: Fluff
Context: You have superpowers while Eunbi doesn't.
POV: Third Person
Word Count: 1k
___________________________________________________

Y/n stretched his arms as he phased through his front door.

"Eunbi ya! I'm home!!"

Y/n smiled as he listened to Eunbi's faint footsteps in the kitchen.

She's listening to music right now.

Making sure not to alert his girlfriend, Y/n snuck behind her, pulling her in for a hug.

"Ah-!"

Eunbi turned her head, sighing as she spotted Y/n in her peripherals.

"Ya. Don't sneak up on me like that."

Y/n kissed the woman's crown, "It's hard to when you're listening to music on full blast."

"What?"

Y/n sighed as he walked to Eunbi's phone, pausing her music.

"I said it's hard to when you're listening to music on full blast."

"Oh," Eunbi giggled, "Was it that loud?"

"Seeing how I could hear it from the doorway, I'd say yes".

"Okay," Eunbi rolled her eyes, "But you have super hearing."

"I can still tell when things are really loud though."

Eunbi shook her head as she continued to cook.

"Babe," Eunbi turned her head, "Can you bring me the rice?" 

Y/n nodded, walking to the rice cooker. As he pressed the button, releasing the top of the appliance, a plume of steam erupted from the inside releasing the distinct bland smell of white rice.

"You just want me to bring it to you, right?" Y/n asked.

"Yep!" Eunbi replied.

Y/n firmly wrapped his fingers around the black pot that would scorch the skin of any normal person that merely touched it, carrying it to his girlfriend.

"Here you go." 

Eunbi glanced at the rice pot, gasping. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped causing the woman to drop the wooden spatula in her hands.

"Oh my god- Y/n!! Don't carry that with your bare hands!!!"

Eunbi rushed around the kitchen desperately checking the drawers before coming back with a pair of oven mitts.

"Give it to me!!"

Y/n chuckled as he pulled the pot away from Eunbi.

"Why should I?"

"Because that's not safe!!" Eunbi exclaimed.

You pursed his lips as he tried his best to stifle his smile.

"Eunbi ya... Did you forget that this doesn't hurt me?"

Eunbi glanced at the pot before turning her attention back to Y/n. For a brief moment, Y/n could see the surprise in Eunbi's eyes giving him a slight chuckle.

"Well... Put it back in the rice cooker and bring it to me! You can't put that thing on the counter."

Y/n chuckled, "Yeah, yeah. I'll put it back."

Y/n made his way back to the rice cooker, taking his time, before bringing the entire appliance to his girlfriend. 

"Here you go."

As Eunbi handled the rice, Y/n walked around the kitchen in search of something to do. After a little pondering, a small grind grew on the man's face. 

From the wooden rack stored safely at the back of its counter, Y/n grabbed a knife, holding it by the handle before tossing it in the air. A few minutes later, Eunbi turned around with furrowed eyebrows.

"What are you doing- OH MY GOD."

Eunbi rushed toward Y/n, stopping right before her extended hands could come within reach of the flipping knife.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Flipping a knife," Y/n calmly replied with a smile on his face.

Pain grew on Eunbi's face as she hesitantly reached outward.

"Don't do that! You might get hurt!!"

Y/n let out a low chortle, trying his best to suppress his laughter. Obliging only because he didn't want Eunbi to take any drastic measures and hurt herself, Y/n caught the knife by the handle before placing it back in its stand.

"Better?" Y/n asked.

"Yes," Eunbi replied.

"You know I can't get hurt by this stuff, right?" Y/n smirked.

"That doesn't matter," Eunbi argued, "It's still really dangerous."

Y/n raised an eyebrow, "Because I might hurt you?"

I'll only stop if she says that's the reason.

"No," Eunbi frowned, "Because you might hurt yourself."

Y/n pursed his lips forming a smile as he did so. 

She's so cute...

"But I can't be hurt," Y/n replied softly. 

"That doesn't matter!" Eunbi exclaimed, "You can still get hurt!"

Y/n's smile grew wider as he pulled Eunbi into a hug. 

"You know I find it cute when you worry over me."

"So you put yourself in danger?" Eunbi asked--her voice slightly muffled from Y/n's clothes.

"No," Y/n replied as he ran his hand over Eunbi's hair, "I just think it's cute how you worry despite me getting hurt is impossible. It's nice."

Eunbi pulled away, "Nice?"

"Yeah," Y/n replied, "It's nice to have someone care for me. Since I've had superpowers for all of my life, my family's seen me as an independent person who can take care of themself. They were nice family members, but they never really showed any concern for me since they didn't need to. This is new. And nice."

Eunbi frowned, "I'm sorry..."

Y/n titled his head, "Why are you apologizing?"

"I feel like I've been harping on you too much even though you keep telling me there's nothing to worry about."

Y/n pulled Eunbi closer once more, placing his hand on the back of her head, "It's okay. It's not easy to get used to someone having superpowers. You're also just a person who worries a lot. But you don't have to worry about annoying me or anything. I love that part of you. You don't have to change."

Eunbi locked eyes with Y/n, "I don't?"

Y/n shook his head, "You're perfectly fine. I fell in love with this version of you before I moved in with you anyway."

"But... I didn't show you this side of me-"

"Shhhh," Y/n whispered, "I forgot about that. Let's not ruin the moment."

Eunbi giggled as Y/n guided her back to the burner, "I didn't know you were such a romantic person."

"I can be when I want to," Y/n replied. 

"How about we do some cuddling after we eat since you want to be so romantic?"

Y/n smiled, "I like the idea of that."