💎Twenty-One💎

Alexis couldn't help but worry that Max was up to something. He had been too nice lately. And he hadn't complained when she had been late to pick up Poppy.

That morning she woke in bed next to Tom and smiled. He looked to her. "You're going to see Ella today?" He asked as he sat up.

Alexis nodded. "Yeah. I'm meeting the baby. Poppy's sister. I'm still a little mad about it all. Is that wrong?" She asked.

"Not at all. They both betrayed you. You're a good person for even giving them a second chance. I wouldn't," Tom said.

Alexis sighed. "She's my sister. She's always been there for me. And she made a mistake. I can't condemn her for that."

"I know babe. I'm proud of you."

***
Alexis arrived at her mum's house. Rachel let her in and smiled. "Ella is asleep."

"Has she named the baby?"

"Belle-Lexie. After you."

Alexis smiled. She walked into the living room. Alexis knew how she felt deep down. But she knew that she couldn't say it. She couldn't let anyone know how she truly felt about the whole thing.

Alexis saw the baby fast asleep. she smiled. "She's the spitting image of Ella. None of Max got through I see."

Rachel nodded. "No. That's lucky. Ella isn't coping with her at all. She feels like she can't be a mum. So I've been looking after her."

"Do you think she has PND?"

"I don't know. She cried herself to sleep last night. Max Tyler has broken her. And I could kill him," Rachel said.

Alexis sighed. "He's been okay with me. He didn't complain when I was late to pick up Poppy the other day. He just said it was okay."

Rachel smiled slightly. "Don't trust him at all."

***
Alexis found herself going into work. Tom smiled as he walked over to her. He looked to her. "How did it go?"

"Mum and I think Ella has postnatal depression. She's always crying and she's struggling to bond with the baby. I spoke to Ella and she agreed to see a doctor."

Tom smiled. "That's good then. Has max been to see her?"

"Nope. According to mum, Max hasn't even met Belle yet."

"Cute name. But why? I mean, Max is a family man. Or so he acts. I just don't understand why he's like this."

Alexis shrugged. "Because Max Tyler plays games."

***
Alexis was sitting in her classroom. She looked up as Max walked in. "I enjoyed having Poppy this weekend. Maybe we could it again?" He asked.

"Yeah maybe. Have you seen Belle yet?"

Max frowned. "Who's Belle?"

Alexis shook her head. "Your daughter. The one who Ella gave birth to."

Max said nothing. He sighed. "I don't want to see her. Because I want you back. You, me and Poppy. That's what I want," he told her.

Alexis couldn't believe what she was hearing. She had no words. Max smiled. "Think about it. We could leave Rochdale. And start a new life somewhere else," he said as he turned and walked off.

***
Alexis couldn't get what Max had said out of her mind. He wanted her back. Alexis would be lying if she said she didn't feel anything for him still.

But she had no idea what to do about the curveball Max Tyler had just thrown her way.