Freaky Chapter 1: nice to meet you

August 14th, 2004
Inhaling & exhaling deeply, you prepared yourself for the first day of senior year at a new school. You swing your black canvas messenger bag over your shoulder, reapply your strawberry chapstick, and get moving. You feel like everyone is seeing right through you, staring & picking apart every little insecurity you have as you enter the doors of your new high school. You have to remind yourself that no one is even looking at you, and to take a chill pill. But there was one person in particular looking at you that you just didn't see. He was lanky, about 6'1, mousy brown hair with the cutest little round glasses. His name was Klitz and he was going to change your life, you just didn't know it yet.

Klitz was also a senior in high school, but with the brains of a rocket scientist. He aced every trigonometry test & chemistry pop quiz, got his drivers license before everyone else, & was overall charming & witty. Klitz might have had all these good attributes, but unfortunately he didn't have what it takes to be a 'ladies man' like Eli would say. Hell, he was 18 and hadn't had his first kiss. But there was someone who was going to fix that. Her name was Y/N and she was going to change his life, he just didn't know it yet.

After the hustle & bustle of lunch, you headed to 6th period, the long dreaded chemistry class. As you glanced at the wrinkled & worn, coffee stained schedule you had kept in your bag for the past 3 weeks, you sighed. Today had been overly stressful & you needed a pick-me-up. As you shoved the slightly gross schedule back into your pocket, and swung a left, you walked into your chemistry classroom. You noticed right away that most of the seats were taken, except for the one right up front to the right corner of the classroom. You hurried over, dropping your messenger back on the floor next to your desk, and began to take out your sketchbook. About 20 minutes into the lecture that you were not paying an ounce of attention to, you feel a tap on your shoulder. You swing your head behind you, nervous, because this was going to be your first student interaction at your new school. Your nerves were soon calmed when the gentle tap was just a geeky kid asking for a pencil. "Oh yeah of course.." you said, swinging back around to get the writing utensil. "Thanks..I uh- um haven't seen you around here before" Klitz blurted out as you began to turn back around into your seat. You were a little taken back, "yeah I'm new. My name is Y/N. And you?" The geek gulped slightly and reached a clammy hand out, "nice to meet you. I'm Klitz." You pursed your lips to not giggle, "yeah yeah I know it sounds like clit" he said, rolling his eyes. "Take it up with my parents, not me." You quickly learned the shy, awkward demeanor was exactly that, a demeanor. You could see the sarcastic captions above his head when others would talk in class days after, you were truly captivated by this guy, and little did you know, he was truly captivated by you.

A/N: aaa okay there's the first one, wasn't my best (I'm aware), it'll get better tho I promise ❤️‍🩹