Глава одиннадцатая. В Нью-Йорк?

Кто не нашел небес внизу,
Тот не найдет и выше,
Снимает ангел надо мной
Жилье под самой крышей. - Эмили Дикинсон.

***

- Then why did you meet them? ( Тогда почему ты с ними встречался? )

- Well... I liked them, but they didn't have what you have. You're weird and you attract ( Ну... они мне нравились, но в них не было того, что есть в тебе. Ты странная и этим притягиваешь ).

Я засмеялась.

- From now on my heart, - он протянул мне левую руку и я протянула ему в ответ, обратно ложившись на его грудь. - Now it is given to you for a century - Наши руки были переплетены и лежали на его животе( Отныне моё сердце, теперь на век отдано тебе ).

- Aren't you going to sleep? ( Ты не собираешься спать? ) - Спросила я, кусая его за мочку уха.

Пятый засмеялся и его грудь затряслась.

- Well, apparently today, I'm going to spend the whole night with you. We're not going to sleep, am I right? ( Ну, видимо сегодня, я проведу с тобой,всю ночь. Мы не будем спать, я верно понял? )

- Were you planning on getting some sleep? ( В твоих планах было выспаться? )

- No ( Нет ).

***

Утром меня разбудил будильник, стоявший на тумбочке рядом с кроватью.

- Five, did you set the alarm? ( Пятый, это ты будильник поставил? ) - Не открывая глаза, я пыталась нащупать Пятого рукой на второй половине кровати. Не найдя его, я открыла глаза и выключила будильник с моей стороны, потом снова обернулась.

" Странно ".

Повернувшись к часам, я увидела там конверт, на нём было написано " Alexandra ". Улыбнувшись, я распечатала его и достала листик, сложный пополам.

"Good morning, dear Alexandra. I didn't just set the alarm for eight in the morning (for another eight ten, eight twenty, eight thirty, if you suddenly don't wake up the first time) so that you would have time to read and get ready if you still decide to come to me. Where should I start? I'll probably start over. A couple of days before you came to the Academy, I proposed to my girlfriend. But, as I said, I fell in love with you at first sight and was already thinking about how to part with the bride. I talked to Alison then, and she said that this happens before the wedding. I decided that if I hated you, then everything would go away, but no. The whole Academy left yesterday (Except for me, Pogo and Grace, we are flying now, while you are reading this letter on the plane), having come up with some business. It was thought up and rehearsed a couple of days ago and everyone left a note in their room. I should have left with them yesterday, too, and Pogo and Grace would have left today, but I couldn't. You would have been left alone, but the next day, the guys would have flown in and you wouldn't have seen me. On the bedside table, behind the alarm clock, there is money - it's for you to take a taxi to the airport, a plane in business class (I found out in advance which plane will fly at what time so that you have time) and a taxi to the registry office. If you really love me, then come to the registry office and I will be with you, if not, then you can keep the money. And yes, I found your phone and put it on charge in your room.