THE RISKY ONE

That guy who doesn't only seem to be way out of your league, but is also too risky to even make a move on. He has many friends who could pretty much ruin your life if they got to know about your attempt to flirt with him. But he's hella attractive and has an amazing personality. So you find yourself in a deadlock.

That's pretty much the situation I find myself in. How great, huh?

Hunter is a combo of funny, smart, authentic and he also plays the guitar (you might have figured I have a thing for musicians, can you blame me?). How could I not feel attracted to him?

Ever since the first moment I saw him, I knew it would be a problem in my life. I first met him  just when I was getting serious with some guy and my first instinct was to avoid how attracted I felt to him.

So I started hating him.

Hating is too strong a word actually, it was more of a pet peeve. I didn't have any reason not to like him, but feeling attracted to him didn't feel like an option. Don't ask me how it made any sense for me... it just did at the time.

A lot of time passed and you know... concealing doesn't help healing what you feel, even if it's just a mere attraction.

You know what makes it even harder? He won't stop talking. Ever. A few people seem to get annoyed at it, but I honestly enjoy hearing him talk about just anything. There's never a dull day when he's around, that's for sure. But the thing is: keeping him out of my head is hardly an option.

If you believe it ends here, sorry, you're wrong. When he picks up the guitar, he gets instantly 200% more attractive. Ugh.

Do you want to make it a little bit harder not to feel attracted to you, Hunter? Is it not enough?

Anyway, he's attractive. I think we've got it clear enough, right?

Where's the problem though? Go talk to him, make a move, it's not that hard...

First things first... he'd never possibly even look at me. He's in search for his ginger rockstar, he doesn't have any reason to look at someone like me and I'm just talking about a small make out.

Still, that wouldn't be a huge problem. I'm not afraid of getting dumped. I should at least give it a try. I've got nothing to lose, right?

Wrong.

Because he's also friends with some people who would love to find a reason to mess with me, to expose me... What if I flirt with him, he dumps me and goes tell someone? I'm not willing to take that risk... yet.

The thing is I am stuck in that situation. It can be quite stressful at times, but life goes on!

You know what else goes on? The inspiration to write my romances! Hunter, what could be more amazing than inspiring an authentic, funny musician? Inspiring a woman with all these traits, of course!

I wouldn't be able to deal with another you, no offense intended Hunter, but your female version just amazes my heart. But here's the thing... that character doesn't end up with a ginger rockstar, sorry to break it to you. You know why? As in my character wise words "Liking rock is definitely a bonus. But I don't want to be the rockstar girlfriend, I'm the rockstar myself!".

Just as in my character, I somehow can't picture you dating a rockstar, you're too much the rockstar yourself. So that character would definitely fall for that cutie who'd always be there for her... it only takes quite long for her to realize it.

All I can say is thank you, Hunter, for inspiring one of my favorite characters. Thank you for making me laugh on a daily basis and surely having me steal some of your puns (sue me). And most importantly...

Thank you for not being The One.

•••

My dear reader, that interactive time has come again! It's your turn to make a decision in this story!

Should I send this chapter anonymously to The Risky One? I'll show the reaction and wether it made a twist in the current situation.

Comment what you'd like to see!