IV- The past

Chapter 4: Flashes of the past

.

Recap: Abhimanyu comes to Goenka house where everyone has gathered to decide on the dates of his wedding with Arohi. Abhimanyu reminds Arohi that their alliance is just a compromise and strictly professional. Arohi decided to go with the flow and is sure that things will better with time. Meanwhile, Akshara meets the suitor. She confesses to him that she loves another person and it turns out he loves another person as well. They decide to be friends and Samarthya suggests a ruse to buy them a break from family's matchmaking.

..............

Akshara entered her room late that night. She was a little sad that no one from the family noticed her arrival or cared enough to ask her anything. Her conversation with Manish had been cut short and even he did not bother to pick it up once she was home.

She sighed and shook away her less than happy thoughts and tried to focus on her only highlight of the day, she has a new friend now. She kept her bag down and noticed that Arohi wasn't in bed but sitting with her laptop.

Akshara: Aru? Tu soyi nahi abhi tk?

Arohi: I am doctor! We have to prep..

Akshara: But..

Arohi: Tu so jaa na....mujhe disturb mt kr..

Akshara: How was everything in the evening though??

Arohi: If you cared enough, you'd stay back but you chose to go meet that person when you promised that you won't steal my thunder. Honestly Akshara, just go to sleep and don't ruin my mood.

Akshara looked down, her lips quivered. She wanted a normal relationship with her sister. Was it too much to ask? She was doing everything for her happiness yet Arohi didn't even care enough to ask how her day went.

Changing her clothes, Akshara went to sleep. Sleep, however, was last thing on Arohi's mind. She looked through multiple web pages and kicked the foot of the table in frustration.

Arohi: Ugh!!! Yahan bhi last date nikal chuki hai..

Arohi badly wanted to fill out for an MD program, especially since Mahima taunted her saying her dreams to be a powerful doctor isn't supported by her degree. In a way, Mahima hinted Arohi wasn't the best and she couldn't have it. Deciding to take matters in her hands, she opened the site of a prestigious college and noted down the admin number.

Arohi: Kl baat krke dekhti hoon...by hook or by crook, ye degree to mai krke rahungi......just you wait Dr. Mahima..I'll show you that all you achieved- I can do it at half the age as you..

...............

Akshara was standing in a beautiful meadow. She was running after Arohi. She kept calling for her but Arohi kept getting away. They kept running till they reached a river side.

Akshara: Aru! (huffs) bs ab...kitna door bhagegi mujhse??

Arohi didn't say anything. She turned and pushed her away. Akshara was falling into the river. She hoped Arohi would catch her but she left. Akshara braced herself but she never hit the water. The water dissolved and she was floating.

She turned and saw the trees morph into walls and next to her was Abhimanyu- breaking her fall.

Akshara: Abhiii........

Abhimanyu: Akshu...meri Akshu..

He cupped her face and rested their noses together. She could feel his minty breath on her face.

Akshu!!

She heard someone but ignored their voice listening to his heart beat..

Akshu!!