XI- Hospital

Chapter 11: Akshara is hospitalized

.........

Recap: Akshara is stuck in fire at the Birla House. Abhimanyu enters the venue and gets injured. Everyone is worried for them outside. Neil returns a cell phone to a shocked Arohi. Abhimanyu manages to save Akshara.

Akshara is being taken to the hospital. She wakes up briefly and thanks Samarthya as she thinks he saved her.

.................

Kairav, Samarthya and Abhimanyu were in the Ambulance with Akshara. Mahima was sitting in the doctors seat monitoring her vitals. The rest of the family was in cars behind them. Kairav was trying hard to control his tears and begged his sister to be fine, to keep strength. Samarthya put his hand on his shoulders and gave it few pats.

Samarthya: It'd be fine Kairav. She will be fine. She has to be...

He looked to his left and saw Abhimanyu. His face was ashy and he looked exhausted. His leg was bent at a weird angle and he had cuts all over his hands. His dark eyes had a haunted expression. They were fixated at Akshara's face- like he was having a conversation with her in his head. Samarthya put his other hand over him. Abhimanyu did not react.

Then, Samarthya freed his hand that held Kairav's for support and took Abhimanyu's hand in his. Abhimanyu frowned. Samarthya did not say a word but simply pulled the splinter out of his arm. Abhimanyu winced. He had not noticed when the piece had latched itself on his body. Maybe when he was rolling over to escape the falling chandelier. Seeing Akshara in that state had robbed him off his own pain. Abhimanyu gave him an appreciative, courteous smile. However, in the state he was in, it looked more like a grimace. Samarthya, however, understood and nodded. He turned back to his friend on the stretcher and prayed for her safety.

The moment they reached Birla hospital, Mahima ushered Akshara away while the family followed. Anand rushed to Abhimanyu.

Anand: Abhimanyu, Mahima dekh rahi hai usse. Tum mere saath chalo. You are injured too.

But Abhimanyu wasn't in the state to listen. He limped faster towards the OT that held Akshara. Manjiri held back her tears seeing the pitiable state of her son. He tried to enter the OT but Anand stopped him.

Harshvardhan: Abhimanyu ye kya haal bana rakha hai apna....Manjiri!! sambhalo isse ab..dekh kya rahi ho!?

He went to Manjiri and shook her out of her reverie.

Harshvardhan: Dekho zara, saara staff, doctors dekh rahe hai...kaise Majnu jaise behave kr raha hai tumhara beta...handle him now!

Manjiri nodded weakly and moved to give support to her son. Abhimanyu realised the moment his mother touched him and hugged her tightly. He wiled himself not to cry, he just couldn't. Akshara was getting operated and he had to hold himself together.

Abhimanyu: Maa, bolo na in sb se..I'm fine. I have to go check on Akshu..please..

Anand: Abhimanyu!! Bs! Tum khud ek doctor ho. Sambhalo khud ko...you are wounded. Tum andr gaye toh aise me Akshara ko bhi infection ho skta hai.....you come with me. The moment I dress your wounds. You can go.

Harshvardhan: But..?

Anand: Harsh! Kaha na maine-...Aao Abhimanyu.

Anand took Abhimanyu with him and gestured Parth to follow as well.

Kairav: Accha hua uncle Abhimanyu ko le gaye. Waise bhi doctors cannot operate on people who are dear to them.

Manish and Akhilesh shared a look while Harshvardhan coughed softly and left giving some excuse. Kairav dialogue sent discomfort down everyone's spine- specially the elders of both the families who were hell bent at ignoring the truth that was dangling right in front of their faces. Unfortunately, the person who needed to accept this truth the most, Arohi, wasn't there.