Love

Love. What is love? Strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties maternal love for a child or attraction based on sexual desire, affection and tenderness felt by lovers. It can also mean affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests or warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion.

There are many definitions of love according to Google, but I would like to add my definition or love. Disappointment, fear, pain and loneliness combined into one unit to make a person weak and vulnerable. That's my definition of love and as loneliness as it sounds I like this one better-it's realistic.

Love is also something, that can bring you a lot of physical pain. For some people love hurts not only on the inside, but on outside too. For those women, who give everything they can to protect their families, but still get brutally beaten by their husbands. If that's love, then why people want to be in love?

I've had many attempts to understand what love really is and they all failed. Boy after boy came into my life and walked out, I was left there thinking something was wrong with me, which later I found out was not the case. I was cheated on, manipulated, mentally abused and used through all my relationships and it left me thinking this is love. Is it really?

My mom used to tell me, that coming in and out of relationships will leave you disappointed, but real love exists. Real love is what makes people better, gives them joy and hope, that they won't go through this life all alone and they have support. Bullshit.

After my 4th relationship I decided I don't want to have anything to do with love anymore and I'll focus on my life, as I should. Life is not only about relationships and sex, it's also about your own happiness and success..and I want to be successful, very successful. I want to have my own business, I want to make my own money and be the person everyone will admire at the end. That's my end goal. So about a year ago I filled for some colleges out of my own country, because I wanted to have a better future and better life. I knew I won't make it in the small country I live in.

After trying and trying for 2 months I finally got accepted into 'Athens University of Economics & Business' with a full scholarship, because I was pretty good student. I didn't want to wait, the opportunity was amazing and everything was payed for me-the apartment I was going to live in, the semester, the books and everything was into the price. I felt like it was a dream come true at that moment, so I didn't even thought about it-I packed my things and left my small country behind.

And here I am now,in my second year of college here in Athens, Greece and to be honest I'm very happy with the decision I made. The school is fine, the people are also nice, or at least some of them, and the college system is better here. Easier for me at least. I even managed to make some friends from my course and even find a best friend. Her name is Raquel Summers and she's also a foreigner here in Greece. She's coming all the way from USA to study here. I was surprised, when I found out about it.

Raquel is truly amazing person, she's maybe the funniest and nicest person I've have ever met in my life. She's full with different colour and I'm pretty sure she has a bipolar disorder or something, because her personality changes in a matter of seconds. She's a girl of life, she loves to go out, party all night, have fun and meet new people every day. She's the complete opposite of me. If I'm an introvert-she's totally an extrovert. She loves the night life. But just because Raquel likes to party doesn't mean she doesn't takes her studies seriously. She's the smartest person I know-always on top of the class with the highest grade. She's also very well spoken and when she gets serious she can help you with everything. Her extreme positivity is another big quality of hers, she doesn't know what failure means. Raquel fights till her last breath and she succeeds.

Raquel definitely beats every stereotype, that blond girls are dumb, which also help me, since I'm blonde as well. Raquel might be smart, but her looks are even better. She's gorgeous and I'm here for it. She has that long blond hair, that she always curls, because she doesn't like her straight hair. She always manages to keep her hair shiny and healthy..not like me. I do have blond hair too, but it's not natural. I dyed it, when I was in 11th grade and I happened to like it very much. My hair is short and curly, dry like straw, while Raquel's hair is just perfect. It really matches her light blue eyes and nice white skin.