Tension

Kai stops the bike in front of my building and I got off of it. He is right behind me taking his helmet off. I looked at him, his face was frozen in cold and serious expression. I felt big strong tension between us as we were walking towards the entrance of the building. I turn around.

"Thank you for driving me home", I said and I looked down at my feet. I feel like, if I don't say anything now it would be fatal, "Kai, about what Artiola said..I-I didn't..", I started.

"I know", he cuts me off, but doesn't look at me while we were walking in, "come on, I'll walk you to your apartment and I'll leave you to relax. You need it right now", he explained.

I didn't say anything more. We walk into the elevator and I press the button to the 7th floor, Kai leans to the wall. Silence..hardcore silence around us, I feel so uncomfortable. The elevator stops and I get out of it first. Kai walks out too, but he keeps his distance. I put my key into the lock and I twist it to unlock the door.

"Well, I'm leaving. Text me, if you need anything and if you feel bad", Kai says and turns his back at me. I don't know what got into me at that moment, but I grabbed his hand and he looked at me thru his shoulder.

"C-Can you s-stay for a little while?", I ask and look up at him. His body calm down a little and he turns to me. Our height difference was visible and I was now facing his hard chest.

He nodded his head and I walk into my apartment first, Kai was behind me. We both put our shoes down and I put the lights on. He looked around and his eyes stop at the couch in my living room. Kai walks up to it and threw himself on putting his hand over his eyes. I walk up to him and stare at his body. Good to see he's more relaxed now, I thought to myself and I sat beside him keeping my distance.

"Why didn't you tell me she pushed you? Why didn't you tell me right away, Sia?", he asked me and removed his hand, so now I can see his eyes fixed on mine.

"It happened too fast. I-I don't know", I tried my best to explain, but the words didn't want to come out. I don't want Kai and Artiola to have problems because of me, even tho I know he doesn't see her in that way, "are you okay?".

"No, I'm not. I'm mad", he said. His voice was calm for a person, who is mad. I'm guessing he's trying his best not to scare me, "we are friends, I want to know if someone from my circle is bothering you, okay?", he asked.

The word friends stuck in my head for some reason and I couldn't focus after that. I look at the floor feeling guilty. It all happened because of me, I'm the reason why Artiola bothers Max and asks her questions. I'm the reason why he argued with his girlfriend tonight. I have no place in his life, we can't be friends.

I turn ti tell him what I think, but the minute I turn to face him Kai pulls me by my hand and I fall on top of him. He wraps his hands around me and my head rests at his hard chest. My heart....it's beating so fast, my face is getting hotter and my thoughts are everywhere. Kai doesn't say anything more, he just lets me rest on him for a while. I gotta admit-it helped.

Around 5 minutes later I put my hands on his chest and I raised my head to face him. He was looking right into my eyes. The moment felt kinda strange, but not in a bad way. My eyes fall in his lips, they looked so soft at that moment...so kissable. I think he thought the same way, because he put his thumb on my lips and brushed it thru them. My heart was going to explode and I couldn't stop it.

"Anastasia...", Kai whispers and put his hand on the side of my face. He was getting closer and closer to my lips, and I closed my eyes expecting it to happen, but then I suddenly felt his hand moving away. I open my eyes and I see him looking away, his face red, "sorry, I got carried away for a moment", he said.

"I-It's okay, I quickly got up on my feet and we looked at each other. Oh my God, I almost kissed Kai Galanis, this thought ran through my head over and over again, my face was burning and my chest was heavy.

"I should go, it's late. Cooper will get mad, if I don't show up at all", Kai got up and chuckled as he was walking past me. He put his shoes on and turns to me again, "well, good night, Icy".

I stay at the door as he said that. No, this is not how you're leaving me. I caught him by the collar of his shirt and I pulled him closer to my face. We face each other and our eyes locked into each other's. Before I knew it, our lips were pressed and we were kissing. His breath was hot and you can sense some whiskey into it. Kai put his hands on my hips and deepened the kiss more sliding his tongue in my mouth.

I close my eyes and for some reason I don't feel scared, while I'm kissing him. This was the first time in a while, that I'm kissing a guy and I don't think about my trauma. I enjoyed the moment..very much. Kai pinned me to the wall without breaking the kiss. We played gently with each other's tongues till we were out of breath. Kai pulled himself back and looked at my eyes. I look at his and I can't believe what just happened. He smirks at me.

"I thought you won't fall for me", he says in the most cocky way. Yup, the annoying jerk is back in the game...as usual.

"I did not fall for you", I raised my eyebrow.

"Then what was that for?".

"I just wanted to be sure I don't feel anything towards you, that it", I crossed my arms and he lets out a nice chuckle.

"Damn, Icy, you cold", he said and walked back out of the apartment. Before he walks into the elevator he looks back at me, "sweet dreams and don't masturbate too much on me".

I furrowed my eyebrow cussing at him in my mind as he walks in the elevator. When I was sure he's gone I walk inside my apartment and I lock the door, then I sit down on the floor and I remembered the kiss. I kissed Kai Galanis and I liked it..I LIKED IT.