04. BRUTAL! ─ present

¿𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴?

→ my hero academia

→ themes: angst

→ !tw! : murder

→ words: __2790__

→ unedited: 6/14/2022

ᴀ ᴄᴇʟʟ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪꜱ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇ ɪ ꜱᴘᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ ʀᴏᴀʀɪɴɢ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛɪᴇꜱ ɪɴ. She chuckles to herself, a cell, how fitting. It was approximately ten years since the last time she was put into one. Ten years.

And she was doing so well too. (Not really.)

She remembers it perfectly like it was yesterday.

Though, it's not exactly a picture-perfect resemblance. Then, she was only stuck in a musty police station holding cell for a couple of days. That cell, she remembers it like it was yesterday, there was a drunk man sitting in the cell across from her. He was in a fancy business suit, mumbling something about how needed to apologize to his daughter for not getting home. His tie was semi-un-done, hair messy, the stank of alcohol nauseatingly present.

The man kept muttering, "My poor little girl. She must be wondering where I am. My poor little girl... how will I make it up to her... My poor little girl."

His poor little girl.

For your information, it has not been ten days, it's been about one year, five months, two weeks, three days, and seven hours.

Not that she was counting or anything.

One year, five months, two weeks, three days, and seven hours spent in the ungodly trash pit best known as Tartarus.

She hums a tune to herself, a song from a band that she was introduced to by two close friends of hers.

They still stick around her, insisting that the two of them stay by her side despite her minor (many) flaws, despite being thrown into the shithole she is forced to reside in.

"I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
Because I'm easy come, easy go,
Little high, little low,
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matters to
Me, to me

Mama,
Just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger,
Now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun,
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, oooh,
Didn't mean to make you cry,
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow...

...carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters..."

꘏ ⋯ ● ◴ ● ⋯ ꘏

The man drives his car to the gate, showing his ID to the guards. With knowing looks they clear him, giving him nods of gratefulness as he drove past. The man drove across the large bridge separating the mainland from hell. It wasn't much trouble, the drive, he had retired years ago and is currently living in a quaint house near the beach. So, there is time to spare.

This drive is worth it, this part of the old man's day being his favorite.

He was getting frail and old, reaching his roaring sixties. He owed the drive to who he was visiting, for, he couldn't help but feel guilty for not helping them soon enough.