chapter five

{Yera pov continues}

"Huh??" I was obviously taken aback by the shocking question.

"I mean like, have you ever been a trainee or anything like that?"

"Huh? Why?" I asked.

"I guess not, you have a great voice so I thought maybe you've trained as a trainee before.." he told me.

"Being a trainee? I've never thought about it," I said, "but I used to sing a lot. I had a friend who liked singing a lot so I started to sing too."

"Oh, is that so?" he said.

"Yeah," I laughed a little, "what? Do you think I'm good enough to become an idol?"

"No, I mean-" he paused for a second, "yeah, actually I think you'll be a great fit as an idol."

"Oh, really?" I said, "I'm not very interested though.."

"Actually, you want to go to my company today? I think it would be cool to show you some parts of my trainee life," he said.

I giggled at him, "What? So you're a scouting agent now? But sure, I'll go. I guess I don't have anything to do anyway."

________________

{later in the afternoon}

"Yera?" I looked up, and one of my classmates said, "Heeseung is outside looking for you."

"He's here already?" I thought as I put my things in my backpack and walked to the door to meet him.

"Let's go?" he asked.

"Yeah."

We walked to the metro station and took the metro to his company. After we got off at our stop, we walked a bit to his company. On the way there, we came across a cat. I stopped and bent down to talk to the cat.

"Meow~" And the stray cat came over to me. The orange fluffy cat had green eyes and white stripes at the end of his tail.

"Wow, you really are good with cats," he said, "if it had been me, the cat would've ran away at the sight of me." he laughed.

"Why don't you try and pet it?" I asked. He bent down too and put his hands near the cat but it ran off.

"I guess cats do dislike you," we laughed and continued walking to his company building.

"We're here." he stops at the entrance of the company. We walked inside and I kept wandering around in curiosity. Then finally, we reached one of the practice rooms. Inside, there was a guy in sweatpants and a t-shirt inside practicing. I noticed something familiar and stared at him through the small window on the doors.

The boy turned around and looked at me.

"Yera?" the tall, black haired boy called out my name.

"Yera! It's you isn't it?" he exclaimed.

"Yeonjun? You know Yera?" Heeseung confusedly asked.

Yeonjun. That's him. The guy that was dancing in the practice room was Yeonjun. He was my childhood friend. I first met him when I was 8 and he was only a year older. I had just moved to Seoul and he was my neighbor next door. We became close easily, and we met each other almost everyday. I would often go to his house and we would play together. Sadly, we lost contact after I moved to America. I never saw him again, until today.

"Yeonjun?" I was still shocked, "Yeonjun!" I repeated again.

"Yera! I can't believe I'm seeing you again! You didn't tell me you were coming back!" He opened his arms and gave me a hug.

"Well that's cause I don't have your contacts.." I said.

"Uh.. you two know each other?" Heeseung asked again.

"Oh, yeah, Yeonjun used to be my neighbor before I moved to America," I said.

"Yeah, it's been so long, hasn't it, Yera?" Yeonjun exclaimed.

"Yeah, five years.."

"How about us three go to dinner together, and we can catch up?" Yeonjun said, smiling at me.

"Yeah, great idea!" I smiled back at Yeonjun.

We walked to a nearby samgyupsal restaurant.

"Whoah, it's been so long since I've eaten samgyupsal!" I excitedly said. The smell of the grilling meat had my mouth watering.

"Yeah, it used to be your food, that's why I picked this place." he smiled at me. He's still as caring and gentle as before.

"So you're a trainee now too?!" I asked Yeonjun, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah, I am," he said. Just a glance of his eye and I can already tell what he's thinking.
Ever since we were kids, he's always told me about his dream to become a famous idol.
We smiled at each other as if we communicated through telepathy.

/////////

"On second thought, I think I'll go back to practice," Heeseung suddenly said, "you two can stay and eat."

"Huh? Why? We haven't even started eating yet!" I said.

"Yeah, you can practice later, stay and eat with us!" Yeonjun added.

"No.. I think I'll pass," he said, "See you tomorrow, Yera." He gave me a smile, but it didn't seem genuine.

{Heeseung pov}

That was a lie. I could care less about practice. I just couldn't stand seeing those two together. It hurts seeing them together for some reason. Those two have a history together that I don't know of. Maybe it's best to leave those two together for right now.

{Yera pov}

I glanced at Heeseung as he walked out of the restaurant.

"Well, when did you move back?" Yeonjun said, continuing the conversation.

"Only a few months ago, around the start of summer," I answered. "You know Heeseung too?"

"Yeah, since we've been training together for a while, we're pretty close." He answered.

"Oh, and, how did you get to know Heeseung too?"

"Well funny story, he heard me practice the piano in the chapel then we kinda just hit it off. Then today we found out we go to the same school."

"You still play the piano then?"

"Yeah of course! It's hard to give that up." I said.

"I really want to hear you play the piano again.." he said.

"Yeah you can," I said, "wanna go to my apartment after this? I can play the piano for you there."